Large Scale Central

Spring time in 2023

No video but I have been working on the RR. The front loop is all leveled and ballasted/mulched. The back is all mulched as well about 4yrds of mulch total. Tulips are done and down due to the very warm March weather. Iris’s and other stuff are up kinda early as well. Should have trains running within the next couple weeks. (guess I should have used the leaf blower before I took pictures)

3 Likes

Looks great , looking forward to videos , see if any new equipment have made an appearance!

Lookin’ good! Glad you will be running trains again. I like the change from the original layout.

No new “equipment” but perhaps something you have not seen before might appear in an upcoming video? Right now I’m playing with infrastructure and moving around bridges. Still have two that I need to repurpose but I will eventually.

15 plus years outside and still making changes but I’m TOTALLY sold on the modular aspect of my “Operation’s”. :wink:

:rooster:

Old hat video!!

1 Like

I wish I could have sent Kid-zilla out for his AMTRAK intensive! He would’ve had a blast!

1 Like

Eric,
He would come home a changed man! We would go to Strasburg and the PRR Museum and check out all the stuff. Then go to Middletown Amtrak station on the Keystone Corridor and watch the trains and jets fly in at Harrisburg International which is right next door. Then we would go to NS intermodel yard in Rutherford and up to Hershey PA for bottomless chocolate and pizza. After that we would stop at Troegs Brewery and see my buddies, do the tour and he can drive the truck home if he wants!

That’s only day one, day two would be a bit more relaxed. Probably up into the mountains of Pennsyltucky for a little four wheeling (where he can drive again as well) and some mountain scenic overlooks then up to the EBT RR and down to Fort Loudon area for a history lesson.

Day three would be playing with trains in the back yard and getting all the stuff out. It would be like the blind leading the blind and MY son would be the mature adult that would oversee us. I can hear it now …NO DAD you guys cannot taunt the goats at the petting zoo and YES you have to brush your teeth before bed! Aawwww…come on!
Make sure he brings his playmobil guys !!

Editing to add goat videos for the boy! I never get tired of watching them!!

had to redo my waterfall area with a new liner. Still have to stack more rocks.

Did a quick video around the RR yesterday. Still have more work to do but it’s up and running well even though I did slightly snag the tunnel in the video.

4 Likes

Don’t hurt the bunnies! Rooster.

A beautiful Spring day here in Naptown. Jerry kindly let me run my AML 0-4-0 and it was great. His garden looks good - especially the trees and vineyard!

1 Like

Nice redo Rooster let’s see some trains running , maybe a mixed Amfleet and Superliner set

So another problem with this area was a thick growth of some type of moss ground cover. It completely encased the rails and made it impossible to run.

I’m looking forward to less maintenance in this area in the future!

I did run an Amtrak test train today only store bought stuff with several mods I personally added just to see where I was at. Technically it is still spring but summer is right around the corner.

Bonus track ^^^^^^^^ totally immature because I had to add my self inflicted fart noises about 35 seconds into the video behind the camera while drinking beer and laughing, hanging with my old dog that I love and running trains "ROUND AND ROUND " MY railroad my rules doing what I like to do not what others think I should do !!!

Roosters roll that way like they did back in the day in the hood.

:rooster:

We will call those videos North East Regional 76 coming and returning at the same railfan location just different views/angles.

1 Like

Your railroad is looking great, Rooster!!! And I don’t even like Amtrak!!

Tai Chi in your py-jam’s, very inspirational to us lethargic types! Well, maybe not inspirational but hugely impressive. Like you say, your railroad, your rules. You go, bitch!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like

Cliff,
Love those jammies and I have others with different scenes. I especially enjoyed wearing them when I would go pick up the boy after games (cause he rode the bus) or practice wearing them. He would exit the school with the rest of the boys and all the parents were lined up in their cars waiting for their kids. When he came out of the school like Mr Big Bad tough guy I would get out of my car (usually took the old 1992 Volvo 240 which he dubbed Betsy and hated that car but I drove it just to be a dick) … I would get out of the car and wave saying “Hi buddy daddy’s here”.

I did finally add an addition to the roundy round railroad today…Thank you Hollywood for putting on your Ninja Suit and snagging this for me !

2 Likes

Spring time …

2 Likes

Forgot about this,https://www.northerncentralrailway.com/

1 Like

Got a chance to meet up with Rooster today thanks for the invite

I passed along a water take from Ken Brunt’s layout to go with a steamer Rooster got from Ken’s.
Trains were run according to house rules and all safety equipment was properly used. Thanks for the day of rail fanning and good conversation

3 Likes