Large Scale Central

Spring in AZ =surgery

A couple of short videos from my railroad. https://youtu.be/wlurRWGk4uc?feature=shared god morning , I am in hospital after surgery , I started the year hoping to do a Dave Marconi and be on here every day, but this week ruined that thought, . I had started this post a few days ago and forgot it , I think it’s my KCS GP 38, which I just got running . Anyway for better or worse I’m back and will be doing very little for the next 8 weeks !

Hey Pete - Hope all is well, or at least on the mend.

colon cancer , found a polyp in February that had grown into the lining of the colon , so went in on Wednesday and had a “resection” robotically, 5 small holes and one on the beltline that is several inches long. So far feeling ok , sore and tender, but definitely on the mend. Cannot lift anything over 10 lbs for 8 weeks and the wife is making sure I do not come close to that, by practically tying my hands to my sides.Came home yesterday, and am feeling much better.

oh and I will encourage everyone to take the time to do a Cologuard at home test, the Dr said most times a false positive , but they caught mine in time. The Colonoscopy was not anything near what I had heard, either the prep day before , or the actual probe. I am forever thankfull this new Dr had me do it.

That’s encouraging. My brother beat Colon Cancer within the last two years (He’ll be 80 in September). Ended up with a colostomy for several months, but they were able to reverse it and hook him back up! His last two visits to teh Dr. have been Cancer free.

You got this!

Yep, if you are 45 or older, get checked. If you are eligible Cologard is good. I went the full colonoscopy route. The prep kind of sucks, but the procedure was a piece of cake. I’'m good for 10 years!

Glad to hear they caught it in time, Pete. Hope you get well soon. I’m with you on the colonoscopy, been there done that, fairly easy procedure.

Hey Pete. Hope you’re doing well. Yup, grabbing a polyp is a good thing.

Good early control of pain is very important early after surgery. Better outcomes are well documented when pain is controlled early.

Remember, that the nurses will have to check your chart, find someone to check the drug, draw it up then find someone to witness it being given.

PS Is 8 weeks enough time to start properly devoning something?

I feel like I need to warn people now, because of preconceived notions and what not, I was ready to dismiss it as a DR just trying to make some extra off me, and lets face it its not a fun day before the procedure, had to do it for the surgery too, So I’m going to warn and hopefully help some people catch something before it comes to what happened with me

Heres hoping you have a somewhat speedy recovery

Good to hear that you got it caught in time. It’s not a fun road to travel.
Not being able to lift anything heavy for a while kinda sucks, good thing they make lite beer. :smiley:

Pete,

Glad to hear that they caught it in time!

Funny story, if I may…the VA sent one of those kits to me last year. I told the 1:1 crew that if they didn’t behave, I would have them hold the “thunder bag” while I deposited the sample! That fixed 'em!

Eric

Good to hear it’s going well for you Pete.

Glad to hear you are on the mend!

glad to hear the surgery went well… hope you heal quickly…

may you have a good recovery

thank you for the well wishes, I am doing faily well, going to be a long 8 weeks of not doing much, but have a couple of things I can do to make it go quicker.

Atta boy Pete. Thanks for the reminders!

I’ve been having regular colonoscopies, and in one instance a few years ago they found and removed a couple polyps. Phew.

Good luck taking it easy, you sure don’t want to rip something. :grinning:

Cliff

PS, in this case I’ll hold back on the usual “Without pics it didn’t happen.” :grin:

will probably get a report with pictures from Dr next week! have pics of the offending polyp I can post, although i doubt anyone wants to see it!

Now we know he’s not so full of :shushing_face: