Large Scale Central

Something I've been working on...

Joe & Greg,

This was originally built for Don Sweet by a gentlemen from NJ, I just acquired it after the fact. But, we are manufacturing our own schroud that will have a square bottom flange.

What I was told by the original manufacturer is that he didn’t like how the schroud just pushed the snow instead of feeding it into the blades. That is why is cut the square portion off???

Our schrouds are a little thinner that way the blades will cut the snow pack and throw it out a good distance.

Interesting Rick, when you look at prototypes, the shroud near the rail heads needs an angled portion to feed the snow up into the impeller.

I was also thinking, one of the issues with this is that the snow itself does not scale down, it’s like large scale clumps.

Any chance to get a non-stick coating on the shroud? It might be tough.

Greg

Greg,

Yes, even though I did not manufacture the shroud I needed a test unit for the motor, blade and battery-pack. We have manufactured another shroud that seems to cover all these issues, with a longer opening for snow throwing and smaller dimension (width) of the shroud so the blade can eat the snow instead of the loco pushing it.

Though I have not tested it yet, we received a great idea from a gentlemen at the ECLSTS. His suggestion was to take polypropylene (hard) plastic and cover two tips of the blades (ie: 12 & 6 o’clock), this cleans out the shroud making the snow easier to throw. He also suggested going to Dollar General Store and purchasing plastic cooking utensil’s, then cutting off the tips and gluing them to two blades.

Yeah, we could test the no stick coating, just not sure how it would hold up in temps below 20 degrees?

We’ll see what happens?

Rick Isard said:

Yeah, we could test the no stick coating, just not sure how it would hold up in temps below 20 degrees?

I see the Problem… Below 20 degrees… stay in side you ninny!

I know that much!

Looks like it will work great… looking towards the real action video’s in the snow, and the below 20 degrees video! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Sean,

I’m always outside working between shops during the winter, oh and plowing snow! Maybe I can sit in the garage while this is doing all the work?

Is it done yet?

I guess not.

Greg Elmassian said:

I guess not.

I thought I heard that Cordless were closing their doors?

Pete Thornton said:

Greg Elmassian said:

I guess not.

I thought I heard that Cordless were closing their doors?

Well not quite, sorta…

RI posted that suppliers were the problem, but another suggested not. … while a former partner has moved on.

See?

But, um, ah, ok…

As clear as mud

Cordless Renovations, LLC & RCS America has not closed it’s doors!

Rick, I am glad you posted and cleared that up.

Cordless Renovations link is dead.

Steve Featherkile said:

Cordless Renovations link is dead.

No Steve

It says that YOU don’t have permisson to access it . So I’m guessing we got banned!

I have been banned from worse places.

I’ve been thrown out of better bars than this.

The cordless renovations site is down. May not have closed the doors, but did close the web site.

But RCS America site is still up http://www.remotecontrolsystems.com so you can still buy stuff.

Greg

Well, you can try …

Big difference between being open, to sell off stock and filling orders. Lack of components is still unanswered.

I remember.

…and Aristo Craft and Crest didn’t close either…