Large Scale Central

Some summer projects pictures

The weather finally got out of the 90’s for a few days and I was able to make some progress on a couple of areas on my railroad . First thing I wanted to do was rebuild and repaint the old Texaco gas station that was falling apart. Its now “Bella’s Super Gas”. I repainted it and added some LED lights . It also needed a new base so I went to Loews and got some cement board for that. I installed it with some mortar and brick construction adhesive. Its now one of my favorite spots to trainwatch. The other area was were the two tracks split. It used to be all trees but I eliminated two of them to give me room for a small homestead. Finally I finished weathering a old EMD F-3 . Its seen with a sister F-3 that went through the CJM’s locomotive rebuild program. Hope you like the pictures.

Mike,

Your gas station looks real (1:1) very nice work. Well done on your trees and weathering on #193.

i hope this is coming to youtube as well

thanks for sharing

looks amazing

Great work Mike, Looks awesome(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif).

The work looks good.

Mike,
Terrific. I love it.

Thanks guys , John you’re right. I should get another video together for 2016 .

Mike,

Very nice looking and natural. Can you tell me what ground cover you have in the photos above?

I agree with you Mike, that Bella’s would be a great spot to train watch. Nice work all around(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Gas station looks great. Whats are you using for the ground cover?

Looks like Elfin Creeping Thyme, Thymus Serpyllum.

Very Very nice looking modeling, when you have made modeling look so real, you have accomplished what most of us fail to obtain

Dennis

Looks fantastic! Can’t wait for the video.

-Kevin.

Its been awhile since we planted them ( 10 + years ago) but I believe it is "Elfin Thyme and something called "Wire Brush . This was a very good year for those plants as they really spread this year.

Great job, Mike very 1:1 looking.

Yeap, looks great to me and I’m also waiting for another video.