Large Scale Central

Siding issue

New user here Havin’ a ball with T-O!!
I am also havin some problems, first with sidings.
Example; siding is only 24" (1 Car) T-O is placing 4 cars there. This industry is a Ranch and I only want a (1) “Stock” car involved.
Another example is; a siding called Beach also 24" and only the Rail (1) Fan car is requested/needed. T-O is placing many cars there. I’ve changed the date. Lowered the %. Deleated and reinstalled beach. No help.
This is making the program unuseable because the cars are placed on sidings that can’t work.
… any Ideas what else to try …??

Now, THAT is strange. I’ve used TrainOps for some time, and I’ve never seen that. I’ve only got a few ideas; maybe Bob has seen this one.

1. Make sure that you don’t have anything checked on the siding: yard, empties, or interchange.

2. Is there only the one industry involved on each siding? For that industry, no other car types are checked? What are your high/low numbers? And your pct?

Bruce, Beach is for a Rail Fan car only and that is all that is requested. Ranch is only for the Stock car. Neither car is requested anywhere else. I would like them to return to the yard but that has not worked yet either. That is another issue. I have changed the % many times and get no change for placement of extra rolling stock. Now I have in & out set at 50% for the beach and that makes usage 75%. The Ranch is set at 50% and usage is 50%.

I’ve just run a few days on mine, trying to see if something similar happens. I have my new siding just added, but only cars destined for the furniture company are showing up there.

I did get some other ideas:

1. In the Reports -> Car Location Report -> Car Location Sorted All : Does this show cars that should not be there at the industry? I guess it should, since you’ve got trains taking them there?
  2. In the Reports -> Industry Orders - does this show any car orders for cars that are not supposed to be there?
  3. Have you run a few days to see if the problem persists?

BC, (1)… in the car location report section there are many cars where they should not be.
(2) Industry orders has errors in: red unfilled.
(3) I have not really run yet, but I make up a 1 car train, then terminate, then deleted then added a day.

I think what I am going to do now is;

1. delete all industries
  2. make sure there is no usage any where and add one industry at a time and try that.
    That has been done a couple times already and things changed each time. Bob origionally suggested doing this …
    I wish there was a reset button !@#$%^&*! Oh well …

Another thing I see that is bothersome is on the industry detail page (total cars needed) there is always things listed that I do not have like hoppers 0% useage etc… also sometimes one of my cars appears there with a 0% usage.

Another issue is on the equipment location report inventory is listed that should not be where it should be. (siding issue again I think)
I have fun chasinf the rail fan car… I find it everywhere except at the place that is asking for it… same for the stock car …
We are grinning here honest!

Oh well thnks for listening …
Rich

I removed all usage from all industries.
Usage report lists 0 for everything.
Industry usage 0
car % is 0 on all
So far so good.
Car location and equipment locator has cars everywhere … and in locations they should not be.
Beach has 4 cars, and there is only room for 1. Other location have the same issues.

Next I will remove/delete industries and see if I can get the RR inventory to move to the the yards where they belong which is another issue for me…
I’ll keep you posted …

If you are in the mood for radical fixes, you might consider uninstalling TrainOps and and the reinstalling it and starting over. I don’t k now if you can copy your car database or not.

Good luck.

I don’t think that there’s any need for deleting. I’d consider incrementing the date. This will terminate the train and leave all the cars where the train took them. Then build a couple of more trains, increment the date. Repeat. See if it clears out. Make sure that each train switches the locations that you want the cars to go to. See what happens.

I must have run several hundred days, just trying things out.

BC, I downloaded T-O and it turned out to be a down level version (7.0)

Bob sent a fix / update and that is now 7.1.

I did not end up with a downloaded file … it auto loaded.

I’ll look around for 7.1 before I delete / uninstall this one.

I also agree that would be a great way to go, that way I could start fresh …
Keep a log as I go etc and see what happens …

Thanks for your help / suggestions etc

I will do the reinstall etc and go from there.
I will come back and let you know progress …
I am off to a woodturning convention in Minn/st paul til Mon.
Then all the 4 th stuff, boat to the lake for the holiday etc…
Then a Large car Show that I get to demo woodturning at.
Then a RR open House again …
So I will be very busy for a few weeks.
T-O is movin’ to the back burner for a little while …
can’t wait to get back to it.

Rich

Step one … Brickyard redo …

I downloaded a new version to my laptop (to take with Me …grin)
It worked and updated to the new version.

I’ll keep you posted …

Rj

Now this is strange.

He’s right! The latest build reports the cars by location, not by siding.

On page 29 if Bruce’s excellent documentation, it definitely shows the report by siding, but when I print out my report, I get it by location, not by siding.

I just hadn’t noticed it before, mostly because most locations have only one siding, so it didn’t seem to make a difference.

Steve, If the cars are at locations then you can not build a train …
You ignore that and continue then there is no cars found.
T-O does not know how to look at locations or use them.

Look at my other posts I tries for hours to get it to work …

The last post from yesterday really shows it.

It will be fun when we find out what is going on …

Rich Johnson said:
Steve, If the cars are at locations then you can not build a train ... You ignore that and continue then there is no cars found. T-O does not know how to look at locations or use them.

Look at my other posts I tries for hours to get it to work …

The last post from yesterday really shows it.

It will be fun when we find out what is going on …

That’s what I’m finding. It worked before, but not since the new build was loaded.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over!

Hm. I’m back from vacation (been gone since end of June) so I’ll take a peek at TrainOps some time this week and see if I can sort out what the problems are.

-=Bob