Large Scale Central

Shelf Layout first structure building

Here is my first building backdrop for my shelf layout, more work then I wanted, but being a modeler I enjoy it. Doing each brick by brick you put a lot of time in laying it all out. This is my first structure, so many more to go, all in time.
trainman
Sorry I can’t seen to fine the add pics button here, but when I can add pics I will.

John, you can simply drag and drop the photo in the reply box. Much simpler now than with the old software.

3 Likes

Thanks, that was a whole lot easier, trainman

Wow, this will be one spectacular shelf layout!

Make sure to emphasize the lighting, you’ll be glad you did, since you’ll see it nearer eye level and up close.

Cliff, I’m big on LED lighting in both my railroad rolling stock, engines, and structures. LED’s best thing for model railroading to come all in years, plus batter power.
trainman

Awesome, John! Sorry for being preachy, I’ll blame it on enthusiasm for your project, and will look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Great looking building.

I need some flat buildings for my indoors G layout.

I’m considering using Evans Design software to create and print temporary flats to for my plywood prairie.

John_Lenheiser
Here is my first building backdrop for my shelf layout, more work then I wanted, but being a modeler I enjoy it. Doing each brick by brick you put a lot of time in laying it all out.

Check out your local home improvement store for tile. They have those sheets of very small pebbles/slate that make great building fronts:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MSI-Rustique-8-in-x-18-in-x-10-mm-Interlocking-Textured-Slate-Mosaic-Tile-1-sq-ft-RUSTIQUE-3DIL/205077836

Hmmm reminds me of this gentleman’s work … Mike see the forth post on this page
(Lazy Grange Bay 3...a new start | G Scale Central)
Great idea’s here…go back and view from the start…