Large Scale Central

Second-run Bachmann Dash 9s Canceled?

It appears that Bachmann canceled the second run of their Dash 9s due to preorder #s being too low. Has anyone else heard this? Also, any word if they plan on making SD45s? The GP40-2s are expected to be out this summer in limited paint schemes.

At the MSRP Bachmann was listing the Dash 9 at, I’m not shocked that people didn’t preorder.

I would think a 4 axle unit would sell better than a 6 axle unit.

2 Likes

Agree with Craig. Lots of garden railroads are not suited to the larger power. The smaller stuff opens up a more selling opportunities.

Don’t expect USA 4 axle locomotive prices , RLD Hobbies has them listed for pre order at $714 !!!

Aristo made an SD 45 years ago. Keep an eye on eBay.
There are several posted there right now.

Wow. At that price point who can afford this hobby. Dang. That’s almost double the going price of the USAT 4 axle stuff.

1 Like

Over double. Al Kramer gets $355 for a GP38-2 and there’s little difference between the two.

1 Like

That is why I really will only get USA locomotives, reasonable prices and good pulling loco’s. The AML GP 60 is nice but it’s almost $200?more than a GP 38

1 Like

re: 6-axle locos

I loved my SD45s, but they really are too big to run on most layouts.

Same here Bob, I got one of Steve Featherkile’s Dash 9’s after he passed , Thanks Devon, but it is real borderline too big for my layout , but do not want to part with it

1 Like

I’m keeping an eye out because I doubt Bachmann will remake those anytime soon or in the schemes I want.

[quote=“Pete_Lassen, post:10, topic:83883, full:true”]
Same here Bob, I got one of Steve Featherkile’s Dash 9’s after he passed , Thanks Devon, but it is real borderline too big for my layout , but do not want to part with it!

Well Pete,

THEN DON’T and is it really to big ?

I have heard that from …ahh never mind…

Ymmv, Abcdefg, along with Hijk and Lmnop …honestly never heard of those guys myself.