Large Scale Central

Seagrams Plant

There’s a neat & huge Guinness brewery near my offices where the gang sometimes has an after-work hoist. It’s called the “Open Gate Brewery” near Baltimore. From Google Earth:

The site is enormous. The new tasting bar building is where the “Guinness” is on the lower right.

I’d known that Guinness took over the old Seagrams facility some time ago, and that it has really injected some life in it.

Anyway, I’ve noticed track and a few tankers near some of the buildings.

Today, while perusing a 2001 Model Railroader, I saw an article about this very place, with a focus on making a (compressed) model of the whole shebang. So it was cool to see the track plan, which you can’t from the ground.

Red rectangles are mine, and I’ve noted where I mainly remember seeing cars.

Lots have changed in 23 years. Looks like the big warehouse in the lower right became the immense 3-story tasting room / restaurant (not sure what to call it), and the open space to the left of it (above the Seagram’s Bottling title) is now the big picnic / party / band-playing / game-playing outdoor public area.

It’s far afield from the V&T, so I won’t be modeling it, but it’s an interesting facility, and is covered in detail in the March 2001 Model Railroader if you care to know more.

Cliff

I personally think you do want to model it otherwise you would not have taken the time to research or post it.

Ԁ∩SS⅄

:rooster:

I’ll drink to that!:beer::beers::wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::clinking_glasses::champagne::champagne: =20

And they serve a full English Breakfast. Yummy! The beer isn’t bad either.

1 Like

I’m telling! BD, Rooster called me a Yssup…!

Cliff,
Does it actually mean the same thing when posted upside down? :woman_cartwheeling:

1 Like

Not sure, Joe… need to ask those guys.
Bill, Neil?

A ain’t never heard of any of the guys myself Cliff. But I’d be willing to bet you already have the Seagrams plant on the laser cutter as we speak !

Yup… :grin:

(With the usu extension letters to take the fun out of 1 word quips)