WHAT IS?? :wink:

Happy RRing,

Jerry

Oh, I got it. Agree!!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aC9MxEltIbSw&refer=us

Happy RRing,

Jerry

Good move!

It’s an odd choice–she has even less experience than Obama!

She’s cute though

Mike:

You’re right: She has never been associated with the Chicago political machine, nor bought property with the help of an indicted criminal.

That ‘lack of experience’ works for me.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

Ummm. let’s see. She has been the mayor of a town, on the Oil board (huge in Alaska) and Gov. of Alaska for nearly 2 years.

Obama has been a Community Organizer (whatever that is) and in the US Senate for 143 days.

Hmmmmmm.

You go, Barracuda!

And, she is an Idaho Vandal, to boot, an excellent qualification!

You guys kill me. If she was Obama’s running mate and a Democrat you would have 10,000 reasons(besides her political affiliation) she shouldn’t be nominated, much less elected.
Smart move by McCain though. Turn all those spurned Hillaryites into McCaniacs.
Be careful of what you wish for.
Ralph

She did apparently have her brother in law fired as revenge for divorcing her sister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UojMnCgqVA

After having–it seems–lied about it the first time

She’s been a busy gal!

Also Obama has been in the Senate since Jan 4 2005–considerably more than 143 days, unless you are using a special form of conservative math

Did the old vet just shoot himself. I think so.
He shoulda picked Condaleeza Rice, instead, if he had to pick a gal.
I thonk he’s a gonner, but we’ll see.
j

I agree with jb about Condy, but she said no. She wants to go back to Stanford, and then to the NFL.

Obama has been on the Senate floor for 143 days. The rest of the time he has been campaigning for prez.

C’mon, Ralph, it’s the Silly Season!

Well. Palin likes Obama’s work as Senator. This was on her website till just a couple hours ago, when it mysteriously vanished

"Palin Pleased with Obama’s Energy Plan
Includes Alaska’s Natural Gas Reserves Print Now Printer Friendly

No. 08-135

August 4, 2008, Fairbanks, Alaska - Governor Sarah Palin today responded to the energy plan put forward by the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, Illinois Senator Barack Obama.

“I am pleased to see Senator Obama acknowledge the huge potential Alaska’s natural gas reserves represent in terms of clean energy and sound jobs,” Governor Palin said. “The steps taken by the Alaska State Legislature this past week demonstrate that we are ready, willing and able to supply the energy our nation needs.”

In a speech given in Lansing, Michigan, Senator Obama called for the completion of the Alaska natural gas pipeline, stating, “Over the next five years, we should also lease more of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska for oil and gas production. And we should also tap more of our substantial natural gas reserves and work with the Canadian government to finally build the Alaska natural gas pipeline, delivering clean natural gas and creating good jobs in the process.”

Governor Palin also acknowledged the Senator’s proposal to offer $1,000 rebates to those struggling with the high cost of energy.

“We in Alaska feel that crunch and are taking steps to address it right here at home,” Governor Palin said. “This is a tool that must be on the table to buy us time until our long-term energy plans can be put into place. We have already enjoyed the support of Alaska Senator Ted Stevens, and it is gratifying to see Senator Obama get on board.”

The Governor did question the means to pay for Obama’s proposed rebate a windfall profits tax on oil companies. In Alaska, the state’s resource valuation system, ACES, provides strong incentives for companies to re-invest their profits in new production.

“Windfall profits taxes alone prevent additional investment in domestic production. Without new supplies from American reserves, our dependency and addiction to foreign sources of oil will continue,” Governor Palin said."

OOPS!

The link: http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/29/1304936.aspx

mike omalley said:
She did apparently have her brother in law fired as revenge for divorcing her sister

She’s been a busy gal!

Also Obama has been in the Senate since Jan 4 2005–considerably more than 143 days, unless you are using a special form of conservative math

Just great. A vindictive women. Who’d have guessed?
Just named and already trying to hide previous statements.
Political newcomer? Must be a fast learner.
Ralph

:lol:

keep it up, guys! :slight_smile:

I love the silly season.

mike omalley said:

She’s been a busy gal!

I believe there was something about the brother in law “Tasing his own son” involved with this also. I did here there was a questioned whether she was involved or just guilty by association of trying to get him canned. I’m sure we will see and hear all sides.

Tis the silly season.

Ric Golding said:
mike omalley said:

She’s been a busy gal!

I believe there was something about the brother in law “Tasing his own son” involved with this also. I did here there was a questioned whether she was involved or just guilty by association of trying to get him canned. I’m sure we will see and hear all sides.

Tis the silly season.

Ric,
All sarcasm aside, she may indeed be a very fine person.
I really don’t know enough about her to have an opinion.
Although I am surprised the immediate support she received. She might be President. Yet her lack of experience is OK while the other candidate’s is not.
Ralph

Like they said on the news tonight “She’s just a heartbeat away from being president!” or is that a heart attack!!

Personally I’d have preferred Gen Powell, but maybe she’ll do. OTOH this IS kind of funny

(http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj100/margotb822/mccainpalin.jpg)

Ric Golding said:
THIS IS HUGE!!!

Yeah, hugely absurd. You gotta love a Republican machine that puts a “reformist” governor in office and then renominates,Sen. Ted Stevens, the face of modern day corruption on the hill, back up for office.

(http://archimedes.galilei.com/stlcofcc/blogimages/ted-stevens.jpg)

-Brian

Steve Featherkile said:
Obama has been a Community Organizer (whatever that is) and in the US Senate for 143 days.
from Wiki -

A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004.
As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he helped create legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. During the 110th Congress, he helped create legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel.

compared to -

Palin was elected governor in 2006 after defeating incumbent governor Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary and former Democratic governor Tony Knowles in the general election. She was the youngest person, and the first woman, to be elected governor of Alaska. Before becoming governor, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla, Alaska (population 8,500), City Council from 1992 to 1996, and was elected and re-elected mayor of Wasilla for two three-year terms in 1996 and 1999. She also ran unsuccessfully for lieutenant governor of Alaska in 2002. Palin holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism from the University of Idaho.

C’mon Steve is that the best you can do?!?

-Brian :stuck_out_tongue: