Large Scale Central

RUNNING TRAINS TO HELLNGON

Hi all, We had a club meeting at a members house today and enjoyed his H&H (Helena & Hellngon) Railroad. Here are a few pictures of his efforts. A couple of overall shots of the railroad.

A view of the yards at Hellngon.

“Dad” Jenkins, the driver for the Shasta Pacific on motor #556 got the call to take the LCL run up to Hellngon. He switched onto the H&H tracks above Hayfork and made the run down the mountain to Hellngon without once derailing the motor or car. A new record!

Upon arrival he had to stop and visit with the girls cooling off in the water tank.

After unloading some freight and picking up the strongbox and mail he tied up behind the Hellngon Hotel and braced himself for the run back up the mountain on the H&H trackage.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. We had a great time on a nice day, it was great to get out of the smoke for a few hours. Rick

NIce railroad and great pictures. Thanks for posting.

Cool RR. The structures look great.
Ralph

That’s a great looking railroad. Thanks for posting the pics :slight_smile:

Question; are the yard switches remotely operated? I see that the entire RR is on a raised bed, and it looks like too far to reach in at Hellngon yard.

Nice RR. I see you like the mini cars.:slight_smile:

Looks nice. Like to see more pix of the railcar #56 and how it was made.

Beautiful layout. Very well developed and wonderful buildings. That layout is magazine worthy

Terry

Great looking railroad Rick, thanks for sharing.

Chuck

Really nice looking RR. My kind of RR not too big. I really like that engine in the picture with the girls bathing. Any more info on that one?

Thanks for the kind words guys.

He has put a lot of work into his railroad, as you can tell from the pictures, and concentrates
on the small locos and critters.

Shawn,
That is the “Betsy” from Missouri Locomotive Works. This one is all tricked out with Battery and RC.

Jerry,
That little rail truck started life as a die-cast 34’Ford pickup in 1:18 scale.
New frame, Aristo motor block, whole bunch of scratch build, and most recently
Battery, sound and RC.

Later
Rick

Very nice looking railroad Rick. He’s got some great looking structures there too. Love that hotel and the most interesting rolling stock!

I’d like to see more of your fellow club members’ layouts if possible. If this one is any indicator you’ve got a fine group of modelers down there.

Rick, Photo #3, it’s hard to tell if it’s Real or g-scale. Great railroad

Richard,

Thanks for the compliment, or is that smoke?

Here is a link to the club website, although it is a bit out of date.

http://www.shastagrs.com/id6.html

Thanks for the interest.
Rick

Ditto here. I really like the finished look with all the plants and buildings. I hope to get there someday.

Rick Marty said:
Richard,

Thanks for the compliment, or is that smoke?

Here is a link to the club website, although it is a bit out of date.

http://www.shastagrs.com/id6.html

Thanks for the interest.
Rick

Actually I don’t smoke. :wink:

Thanks for the link.

What a GREAT back yard railroad . . . :slight_smile:

Back for another look . . . . and, . . . I LOVE IT . . . . :slight_smile: