Large Scale Central

Rock wall

Tried my hand at building a dry stacked wall today

And the Clark’s Nutcrackers are going through right now feeding on the pine seeds.

They come in flocks…30 at a time.

Progress!
…:)…

Lookin’ good! That looks like a nice angular rock. It should lock in and hold really well. Is that a trackbed ladder protruding over the top?

Looks good Randy.

Joe, yes that’s ladder roadbed that you see. It will get cut off there and a low trestle will extend to the edge of the wall, then some sort of bridge.

Randy,

Looks like a great little “back stretching” project. These always work better if you can still stand upright while you study your work. Slow and easy gets it done. Looks good!

I like it… It has that ““Rustic”” look to it, kinda natural… :slight_smile:

Nice rock work Randy. Its amazing when your done how much rock gets used. Im afraid to know how many pounds of rock I have. It gives the layout a more rustic look.
Oh and is it done yet. :slight_smile:

Shawn, you are sure right about that. The layout seems to suck up rocks. Over the past six weeks I’ve easily placed over three tons of the stuff. One rock at a time…

Wow, I didn’t know the word “s-u-c-k” was an expletive!

Yes it takes alot of rock, especially now that I am working on the low end of the layout. Got this rock at the top of a 6000’ mountain over looking my town. I like it because it’s all broken rock and has some nice looking faces on it. Will try and get back up there for another load before the snow starts to fly up there. BTW I used the last of my supply for that little wall.

Andy Clarke said:
I like it... It has that ""Rustic"" look to it, kinda natural.... :)
Is that what you say when looking in the mirror in the morning dad ???
Joe Bussing said:
Wow, I didn't know the word "s-u-c-k" was an expletive!
Yes Joe it's my fault blame me! ;)