Large Scale Central

Ringbalin Light Railway HO Division

I decided to build a HO layout in my shed so I can still do something with trains when it is.

• a. to hot to work on the Large Scale layout (usually over Summer) or
  • b. it is to dark, i.e night time, to work on the Large Scale railway.

It represents the Eastern end of the Kepnock Valley, the Western end is a Large Scale (G) railway Ringbalin Light Railway G Division: About the Railway (ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com) which geographically occupies a part of my backyard; both layouts live in a portion of my imagination.

The railway is built on a shelf in part of my shed, it is L shaped and measures 3 Metres (10Feet) x 3 Metres (10Feet) the shelf height being 1.3 Metres from the floor.

The reason for the height is twofold;

• I feel that HO layouts just look better and appear less toy like when viewed at close to eye height and,
  • It is planned to use the space underneath as a storage track area for my Large Scale (G) railway with a spur line coming in from the back yard. Blog of G layout; Ringbalin Light Railway G Division

The power and control will be provided by an NCE “PowerCab” DCC controller, the decoders I am considering are “LAIS” recommended by some UK modelers they have basic direction and lighting functions.

Using DCC will be a first for me so a big learning curve coming up this year

I have started a blog to record construction, lots of pictures and a couple of “how I did its” that may inspire someone with an indoor layout;
Ringbalin Light Railway HO Division: About the Railway

Column Mountain construction continues.
The foam shell has been coated with Acrylic House Render coloured with an oxide, this is the same as what I used on the G Division to make a couple of banks. Ringbalin Light Railway G Division: Using House Render to make Cliffs/Cutting Walls (ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com)

Blog has been updated with pictures; Ringbalin Light Railway HO Division: Latest Posts