Large Scale Central

Reunion. Is to short a title, how's this?

We spent the week in Reno, Nevada attending a reunion for Military Working Dog Handlers, Viet Nam class of '67. Drove out to Virginia City one day and Lake Tahoe on an other day taking buddies from the East Coast site seeing.

Cliff, I couldn’t make any contact to see your display, very bummed.

Won’t bore you with any more info about that but wanted to post a couple pictures for a couple of guys here.

For Bill Hines.
Drove through your favorite stateside town on the way down and back. So snapped this for you through the windshield. If you blow it up you may see a few bug splats :smiley:

For Pete Lassen
I read you were a little under the weather so hoping this isn’t your current situation :grinning:
Just thought you might like to see this. I visited the site years ago but just didn’t have the time to drive out and back on this trip.

We thought Summer was getting started but they are predicting an inch of rain for tomorrow and we
(the VFW) are supposed to be the color guard leading the local parade. Hopefully they will cancel and I can stay home and dry working on train stuff.

Nice I have been by that sign , but was in big truck so couldn’t stop. Thinking of making a trip to Portola museum and Ely Nevada next summer to see the other ones I have been by but never could stop at!

Those are both great places Pete, I know you will enjoy them.

Herself is chuffed! She said that considering she got us 50% off for just being a generic Susan in Susanville, Pete could probably get in anywhere for free.

I told her I’d suggest that to Pete for his next visit.