Large Scale Central

Retaining walls

Added some retaining walls this weekend. Used the scrap from the composite decking around the pool.

Looks good and the walls should keep your ballast from spreading.

Those are good looking walls, Louis.

Nice retaining walls

Wow good job

Scrap is always a good thing, creative ideas are generated .

Looks great Louis.

They look good!

Nice work. How are you holding them there?

T

Terry, I just made 12 more sections today. I’ll take some photos and post them tomorrow.

Terry Burr said:

Nice work. How are you holding them there?

T

I was assuming the posts were staked into the ground myself. Perhaps I should not assume?

Looks good and you won’t have frost heave down there.

In Georgia you can get away with putting stakes in the ground. In my parts that doesn’t work so well. Just seeing what other ideas people have.

T

Nice look to the r/w !!

In lieu of the (scale) posts, salvaged bicycle spokes can be used in some applications. Spray them first with some ‘rust’, they could be rebar. I also use bicycle spokes to hold my cribbing together.

doug c

Sorry guys, no photos today. Ill do better tomorrow. The posts are made from the composite decking. they are about 1/2" square and the top is cut to 15deg and about 5.5" long. I drill a hole for the post with a 3/4" spade bit, sink the assembled sections in place and pack dirt around the post.

“…I drill a hole for the post with a 3/4” spade bit… "

Thanks Louis !!

I knew there was a use for old dulled spade bits. Now did I throw it/them away…at least one of them, I cut the end off and put the shaft into the ‘scale’ trashbin.

doug c

Ok.I added some photos on my first post. How do I add photos to a follow up post?

Louis Sommers said:

Ok.I added some photos on my first post. How do I add photos to a follow up post?

Same way. Just chose the little icon with the picture of a mountain on it (“Insert/edit image”).

-Kevin.