Large Scale Central

Reconstruction of Nelson Yard on the IPP&W Railway

I guess the “blockhead” could be an endearing term for the occupants of the “Blockhouse”, that thought they could keep the U. S. Americans from coming back each year.

Plans are to begin the trek north on or about July 12 and this year we are bringing more re-enforcements.

Ric Golding said:
Plans are to begin the trek north on or about July 12 and this year we are bringing more re-enforcements.
"Major" re-inforcements i understand. ;-)
Ric Golding said:
Taking a few pounds of three inch deck screws Ric ? :) :) ;)

No he’s crossing the border so it would be kilograms

And they probably wouldn’t be three inch screws, either. :stuck_out_tongue:

The reinforcements include ex Air force personnel. so we have air, sea and land covered…the blockhouse doesn’t stand a chance…:wink:

Paul Norton said:
Ric Golding said:
Lt Col re-inforcements..... :)

I hear she’s bringing a lowly enlisted member with her…

Andy Clarke said:
Paul Norton said:
Ric Golding said:
Lt Col re-inforcements..... :)

I hear she’s bringing a lowly enlisted member with her…

It’s a wonder I haven’t starved to death having stuck my foot in my mouth so often.

My apologies to the Colonel.

I still remember running trains at Ric’s and asking the Dispatcher for clearance from Fiddle to the center of the railway where my first switching assignment was. After about the third radio call, I was told politely but firmly that I would be moving one station at a time. :wink:

At this point in time, there is no track at Glen Hammond and none on the eastern end of Nelson Yard. When I left at lunchtime, Fred was staining Nelson Yard, and Gord had just arrived with an armful of labeled track.

I did run my set of GP-9s through Ric’s route which passes through all points on both railway’s except Nelson Yard and Glen Hammond. With the run-arounds to reverse direction, it would take a full morning to drop a car at each location and pick them up on the return run.

Unlike other my other USAT diesels,

http://ovgrs.editme.com/files/Geep30/RearLights.bmp

each set of LED headlights in the GP-9s are connected to a Revolution trigger wire instead of HD1 and HD2. As I run these units as a set, I wanted independent control over each set of headlights so I could turn all but the lead unit’s headlights off.

Each pair of headlights draws less than 20 milliamps, which appears to be well within the power handling capabilities of the trigger wires. As I had already used the aBc throttle button for the Bell, gHi for the horn, jkL for less sound volume, and Mno for more sound volume, that left deF for the Front lights and 1 (HD1?) for the rear lights.

Good thing I installed volume control for the Phoenix Sound P8’s, as the chocolate lab behind Fred’s did not appreciate two GP-9s rumbling by his garden gate on the way up to Bell.

"Good thing I installed volume control for the Phoenix Sound P8’s, as the chocolate lab behind Fred’s did not appreciate two GP-9s rumbling by his garden gate on the way up to Bell. "

:wink:

Always like Labs.

So you won’t wake up the neighborhood anymore?

All benchwork is complete as of today. Track laying is progressing well.