Among other things, I have a first generation Bachmann Climax that I purchased when they first came out. I had a battery and RC in it that failed, so I stripped the electronics out of it at that point. Today I dug it out of my project shelves for a rebuild. First order of business was to figure out what all the wires were for.
Removing the rear truck and the ashpan cover I found I had labeled the wires! Now to dismantle the trucks, re-lube everything, and see what kind of space I will have so I can order batteries. I think I still have the speaker I used in this somewhere. There’s not a lot of space in the tender. I may have to get creative.