Large Scale Central

Rebuild of my LG&B

We got rid of our old hot tub and with it the fence and raised railway. I got a good start rebuilding the area into a rock garden with a railway. I had planned an up and over loop set up but the grades were to steep for my taste, I dont want to have to babysit the throttle. So I made it 2 seperate loops, one up high and one ground level. I will run my mogul on the upper and I am looking for one of the LG&B starter set engines for a cheap price. Anybody got one needing a new home? I do plan to fill in the areas at each end of the upper loop and add live plants, but I need to finish up the bridge supports and level them with the rest of the loop. Cheers Mike

neat layout…

Looks good. You still plan on getting the Emma? I think A smaller geared engine would look great.

Nice Mike

Sweet little layout under way, look forward to seeing it complete.

I moved away from live steam for now, and moving back to European prototypes. I am working on a plan to connect the upper and lower levels so what you see above is subject to changes as I see what all I can do. Today I was way to sore and stiff from moving the hot tub out and other heavy lifting. Also way to humid today to do much, so it was clean up the house day. I have a vision in my head to turn the layout into a slice of Germany where the HSB runs. But my line will be back during the NWE/DR years and not more recent times with all the tourists. Mike