Large Scale Central

Railroad crossing

I’m left with a choice.

One of the places on the Dirty and Dusty is getting a crossing.

It’s on a curve! Has anyone put a crossing in on a curve or should I just move the buildings to pit it on a straight? I;m voting for moving the buildings!

Just cut carefully Doug

you mean a “diamond”? Yeah, avoid the curve… how many degrees is your crossing?

Greg

Doug, at least the weather has been nice, any updates on the line?

I have not made any progress laying track since we have been working on a forty foot retaining wall and we are almost done. Once I figure out how I am going to build a grade crossing i can start laying out some track.

I was gone for a couple weeks and it’s been windy this week.

While we were gone we had some 60-80 mph gusts and some buildings got moved around but no real damage. But the styrene glue didn’t hold on one building.

This next week I plan to get two small, simple loading docks done and begin figuring out the mill for the mine.

Yeah I forget we did have some winds. We are actually under a wind advisory I believe until tomorrow, with a red flag warning out towards the river.

I just heard there’s a chance of snow Sunday in the higher elevations!

There was a 200 acre fire at Lake Isabella yesterday.

No wind. I’m running trains at 6 a.m. today! Good luck with that wall!

Our family spent one of the coldest and snowiest Memorial Day holiday’s that I can remember about twenty five years ago. We were staying at a friends cabin in Grass Valley Lake, not far from Lake Arrowhead. We even went out on the lake on paddle boats as the snow was really coming down! Good times in sunny Southern Cal!

Gary Armitstead said:
Our family spent one of the coldest and snowiest Memorial Day holiday's that I can remember about twenty five years ago.
Shawn wasn't even born yet?? ;)