Large Scale Central

RailRoad Avenue Painting Project (Clancy, Simon, Cal)

Sitting back enjoying the step by step here Boomer.

Highly interesting and informative Boomer. I’ll join Dave on the bench watching progress. The paints you mention are available in the UK (differing names) but I have found the war gamers paints far more suitable and natural looking for models than the so called modelers paints.

Very interesting, Boomer. I am jealous about you having time to work on projects, AND you have pie delivered!

Lookin’ good, Boomer. You are really pushing the envelope with the plaid paint for the shirt! I can never find plaid paint at the LHS!

Nice job;)

Looking really good. How about converting this to an article once you’re done? That way I can always find it. Great tips.

Cool. I spent the better part of last evening painting three engineers for various locos still in need of crews. (I still need firemen…) Needless to say, none of my guys like patterned shirts.

Later,

K

I’m a newcomer to this site, but this painting of figures was extremely interesting. I don’t go to the detail that you have gone, but most of the people are so badly painted when I receive them, anything is an improvement… My son was into Games Workshop articles, so I know a little about the Citidel paints, but never used them myself as I wasn’t sure of their endurance to the outside elements (the primary interest to me). Mostly I have used “oops” paints, which generally are left-over house paints and they really hold up, especially to our FL sun and humidity… Great job and refreshing to see someone else who “paints by hand” as that is my choice of refurbishing. E.

Boomer, this is really a great thread.Hope you put all the parts together into an article for future uses

Boomer, I wish someone would do a tutorial on making people. I cannot find much people that are around 1:24 to 1:29 doing things. I would like to see a step by step process of making people.

Ron

Hi Ron,
I don’t KNOW IF Tom Knight is a member here or not, but he was always going to do a tutorial on that very subject for the other forum… His people are incredible and very realistic and he talked like they could be adjusted for any scenerio…
Nice to see you here too. Elaine

Okay Boomer, now I’m blown away, have never even thought of trying to do a “plaid shirt” on a figure!! What a wild concept!!
BTW I noticed my metalics are made by Citadel, so I guess I have been using them all along (past 14 years) and was so used to it, no longer realized the difference… I do try the metallics made by Plaid too, but they don’t seem to have the same “oomph”. Always take two coats just to cover…
Totally enjoying your tutorial, thanks for sharing… While I don’t do the shading, etc. I certainly can appreciate the difference… Time is tough for me, too many buildings to add to my do-overs. Elaine

The plaid shirt just blows me away, Boomer.

We used to send newbies to get a can of plaid paint, a left handed monkey wrench, etc.

Hi Lou,
Well, I wouldn’t have fallen for either of those directions, but Yes I am a newbee… Funny thing is: they say I joined in 2007, but I wasn’t aware of it this long after… When I signed in to join, the owner said “sorry someone already has that handle”… Shocking! But, I just left another daily forum on trains, so coming out of “abondonment shock”… Looks like a lot of action here, think I’ll stick around for awhile… Elaine

Very, Very nicely done, Boomer… Certainly a labor of love and patience…

I meant newbies in the Army.

Lou Luczu said:

I meant newbies in the Army.

FNG’s to use the correct term…:wink: