Large Scale Central

RailPro LM-3S-G vs 4S

Was getting ready to order a couple more modules and saw that there is a 3S and 4S. Assuming the 4 is a newer version but some dealers list the 3S. So what is the “real” difference and is it something I need to worry about?

1 Like

From what I saw on the RailPro website the -3 is for HO and the -4 is forG scale/gauge/size locomotives.

I got mine from RLD Hobbies , Robby is easy to email or call , just asked for him to get me what I would need to convert whatever locomotive I’m working on.

The 4S is the newer board that supports triggering for proper chuff in Steam locos. The G on the end of the model number means G scale.

I just got a new diesel module (G scale) from Don last month and it was the newer board, it did come with a few extras in the board, it did have the Train Crossing Whistle _ _ . _ by just pushing the button. Plus I did have to upgrade my hand controller with new software download from Rail Pro, all went with no problem and does not affect the older boards. What else is in the new board I don’t know, but I’m sure someone will tell us.
trainman