Large Scale Central

Railbender plans in GR

Years ago in my first run at garden railroading I subscribed to Garden Railways.

They had an article on building a railbender in there, it used roller skate wheels as rollers.

If anybody have access to old editions (early 2000’s) and could dig this up I would appreciate it.

Or prove that I have finally lost grip on reality…

While I cannot help you with your lost grip on reality as I am barely holding on to my own…I think I can help with the bender, it was in a June 2002 issue, I built one from it, it used two sections of perforated steel angle, the kind similar to shelf legs, and a bunch of bolts nuts and washers, not roller skate wheels.

Here is a more recent discussion of it on the GR forum, with pic of mine:

http://cs.trains.com/grw/f/91/p/143472/1595410.aspx#1595410

Thanks Vic.

Jeff,

I have a copy in hand.

Send me an email and I will send you a scan of the article, it is only one page.

Contact me this evening otherwise I won’t be able to get back to you till middle of next week

Rick

Thanks Rick.

I don’t know if you are hung up on building it, but Aristo has a nice dual rail bender for $119.99. They also have a 30% off special which will give you a nice bender for less than $100 shipped to your door.
Bruce

What Bruce said- Aristo dual bender on sale $80. Mine came in the other day. Looks like a pretty well built bender. Some folks on this site and the “other” site gave it good reviews, especially at this price. I won’t be bending anything until the fall so, no review from me yet. Good luck.

-Kevin.