Large Scale Central

Rail Joiners

I purchased a used bridge several months ago and am now wanting to install it on the railroad. My problem is the width of the rail base. I use code 250 aluminum rail from Llagas Creek and Micro Engineering. Their joiners will not fit the bridge. The rail base on the bridge is about 1/4 wide and is code 250. Does anyone know what brand rail this is and if joiners are available? Any thoughts on what could be used if joiners are not available? Thanks.

Can you use the insulating split joiners (assuming you run battery)?

Like these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pair-Code-332-G-Gauge-Insulating-Track-Joiner-Clamp-Alternative-to-Split-Jaw-/230984838199?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item35c7c4ec37

Thanks, Mark. I’ll look into these clamps.

You could also try SwitchCrafters brass 250 rail joiners. Their brass rail is a tad bit bigger then the 250 aluminum rail.

Thanks, Ken. I use Bruce’s turnouts. I’ll try to get in touch with him.

Split Jaw makes rail clamps that fit C250 with a 6mm base.

Make your own joiners from sheet brass? takes like 5 minutes and costs a few cents…

Bart Salmons said:

Make your own joiners from sheet brass? takes like 5 minutes and costs a few cents…

Bart,

It takes 1 minute if you get the right U-channel from KS. OTOH using a set of rail clamps in a bridge location will come in very handy, sooner or later.

:wink: