Large Scale Central

Question about yards

I am in the process of extending the mainline from Potlatch, ID to Palouse, WA, on the WI&M. At Palouse, there is a yard that serves both the Northern Pacific and the Great Northern connections at Palouse.

Will I need to set up TrainOps for two yards at Palouse, so the cars get to the right destination? How do the 1:1 guys do it?

Palouse, GN or Palouse, NP on your waybill/switchlist would direct the car to the correct railroad destination.

Designate 1 or 2 tracks as NP and another 1 or 2 tracks as GN. (Tracks 1 & 2, WP. Tracks 3 & 4, GN.)

Ken Brunt said:
Designate 1 or 2 tracks as NP and another 1 or 2 tracks as GN. (Tracks 1 & 2, WP. Tracks 3 & 4, GN.)
So, what you are saying is to designate tracks 1&2 as Palouse GN and tracks 3&4 as Palouse NP? I can do that.

or track 1, inbound WP, track 2 outbound WP, and track 3 inbound GN and track 4 outbound GN…however way you want to designate it. Not sure how that works in TrainOps, as mine is busted at the moment,(it can’t find any cars) but I have 2 tracks in Delores, track one for inbound cars and track two for outbound cars. Bob, hint, hint…

(http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_12.gif)