Large Scale Central

Pssst pssst looking for

… top-secret tips about threading Llagas profile on to Llagas G-ties. There’s gotta be an easier way!

Mix up some soapy water, with lots of soap.
Use a nice soft artists brush about 1/2 to 1" wide and paint the tie plates with this solution.
It acts as a lubricant.
Also run your fingers down the rail web on both sides and look for snags.
I usually hit the edges with a fine sandpaper.
j

Thanks JB, I’ll try that.

HJ,

My method is foolproof. I buy it assembled! At my age time is more valuable than money! :smiley:

Very funny, Richard. This wasn’t a planned move, this is the result of not being able to get the Canadian ties that I used before. Those went on the Llagas rail in a lickety-split manner. :frowning:

But I’ll get this sorted, not to worry. :wink: :slight_smile:

As I said: there’s gotta be an easier way. :wink: Like this:

(http://www.rhb-grischun.ca/F-PIX/LlagasAssembly01_s.jpg)

Moving the tie units along requires all fingers of one hand to keep the ties more or less parallel to each other, ergo make a fixture that does that and threading should be easy since the “stupid ties” can’t jam. Sure does!!! One more refinement coming up, need to go to the shop for that. Oh yeah the test was done dry, no lube at all!!

Buddy of mine got their jig to put the rails on, after we tried making our own and using lubricants. He said it worked pretty good, does not cost much, so might consider buying their jig. Next time get SVRR rail, they go together easy! Jerry

Jerry Barnes said:
Buddy of mine got their jig to put the rails on, after we tried making our own and using lubricants. He said it worked pretty good, does not cost much, so might consider buying their jig. Next time get SVRR rail, they go together easy! Jerry
I guess I just reinvented the "wheel" because I didn't know about that jig. Anyway, it works very nicely.

SVRR doesn’t have Code215 rail.