Large Scale Central

Proto/Model Info needed LGB 2073

Anyone with Model/Prototype information on the LGB 2073 0-6-2 Tank loco? is this the same loco as the model:

Narrow gauge locomotive JZ 72-010 at Sarajevo

Looks similar enough. The body on the 2073 is the same as on the 2070, which is a model of the 0-6-2s that (still?) run on the Zillertalbahn in Austria.

(http://sunny.cusoon.at/original/1208888256/zillertalbahn-jenbach-tirol-tirol-sunny.jpg)

Knowing next to nothing about european steam loco builders, I’d feel safe in guessing the two locos were built to the same drawings. I don’t know specifically which prototype LGB was shooting for with the 2073. If you’re looking for "close enough, you’ve certainly found it. (Now that I look again at that photo, the loco is closer to the 2071, which is LGBs model of the Zillertalbahn loco without the rear coal bunker.) Later, K

Thanks Kevin!

That heads me in the right direction… found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDtH6YPRLMc

I’m sure there are some proto specific LGB cars that would work for a short consist-anyone?

some may ask why all the questions…well ebay id-FXDX01 is I.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390130120277&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D390130120277%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I’ve gotten the itch again, to look overseas for inspiration, and while not one of the cherished “little engines”, I followed this auction, bid on a whim, near the end, and won…on my 36th Birthday, born 1973, same year the loco was produced…all by chance; probably, but I hope I did ok, and look forward to getting the loco and a few cars to tug around. I like it better in Black but more than likely leave it green…Love the extended tanks!

Still looking for information so feel free to share (proto and model)!

cale

The short 4-window wood coach (LGB 3006) makes a pretty good train behind that loco. That and the steel-sided 4-window one with the slightly more arched roof would look very similar to the consist shown in the Zillertalbahn photo, albeit shortened (as LGB is wont to do). I’m sitting on a few of each said coaches if you want to make me an offer.

Later,

K

There’s also the 8-wheel quasi-US-looking 3060 coaches based on an Austrian prototype which are a bit longer. (I’ve got a few of those, too, if you’re interested. Dad’s thinning his collection.)

Later,

K

Post deleted.

tac

Kevin Strong said:
The short 4-window wood coach (LGB 3006) makes a pretty good train behind that loco. That and the steel-sided 4-window one with the slightly more arched roof would look very similar to the consist shown in the Zillertalbahn photo, albeit shortened (as LGB is wont to do). I'm sitting on a few of each said coaches if you want to make me an offer.

Later,

K

are those the ones from the Splicer video?

email me your needed funding and I’ll see what we can do-Lay-away? :smiley:

I’ll send you a pic. Lay-away works, I’m also open to trade talks or a combination of both. Whatever…

Later,

K

Got the Loco a few days ago and finally got the box open…packed really well!

This one has no bunker on the rear…and Man is it HEAVY!!!..the original manual was included, and I nearly chuckled when I looked at the exploded parts diagram-such utter simplicity compared to a lot of what we get today…

there were no lens on the front or rear lights, not sure if they were there or not when mfg? I Looks really nice, and maybe next week I can get a shot or two posted!

I’ve never seen a Yellow LGB box before, just red?

as an aside:

The unit is a LGB 2073
I bought it on 12-18, my 36th Birthday (1973)
the unit is said to have been made in 1973
I was # 1973 to leave feedback for the seller on ebay

hummmnnnn

Kev, when you can shoot those pics over!

cale

Hope you bought that number on Play 4 :slight_smile:

C. Nelson said:
I've never seen a Yellow LGB box before, just red?

as an aside:

The unit is a LGB 2073
I bought it on 12-18, my 36th Birthday (1973)
the unit is said to have been made in 1973
I was # 1973 to leave feedback for the seller on ebay

hummmnnnn

cale

Now, if you had paid $19.73… I’d be impressed :smiley:
I had a couple of LGB coaches from 1974 that had yellow boxes.
I think that is a fine birthday present for yourself :slight_smile:
Ralph

Things Change, For Sale…email if any interest

thanks
cale

.BEAUTIFUL RARE LGB TRAINS EARLY 1973 A VERSION 2073 IN GREAT CONDITION CONSIDERING ITS AGE - JUST A LITTLE DUST - NOTHING SCRATCHED, GOUGED OR BROKEN - OBVIOUSLY HAS BEEN RUN INDOORS - COMES IN ITS ORIGINAL YELLOW BOX - THE OTHER SIDE PLAQUE IS IN THE BOX, GLUE DRIED UP - HAS ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS AND INSIDE SLEEVE -

Azoy, I’ve just nocited your last post.

Such a schmuck i am.

Sorry.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Thanks Terry!