Large Scale Central

POC's Old Mill Lbr. Mill & Car Storage

Todd,

To quote Richard’s post…“The structure holds 14 cars, seven on each track

Thank you all so much for the kind words.

Ken the photo looks towards the driveway. The railroad curves gently to the right at about 45 degrees and then follows the driveway towards the house.

Joe I get my PVC and acrylic as well as proper cement from TAP Plastics. They ship via UPS and will even custom cut for you if you lack the means or space to do so yourself. Russ, the manager of the San Leandro, Calif. TAP is a member of the Bay Area Garden Ry Soc. and understands what you are talking about regarding material for an outdoor RR. As for the weight I don’t know for sure. I’d estimate maybe 80# to 90#.

Vincent Sorry, I ran out of postage stamps.

Noel, Always looking for a good place to sleep eh?. Besides even though a truck driver can sleep just about anywhere you wouldn’t fit inside the mill. Guess you’ll have to do with the same ol’ flop house! :wink:

Todd, The next structure which will be adjacent to the mill will be a sorting and shipping shed. It is from there boxcars and flatcars will be loaded for shipment out. It will be 9 feet long and of much simpler configuration with a shed roof over part of the loading area.

Richard Smith said:

Vincent Sorry, I ran out of postage stamps.

But my girlfriend works for USPS, I am sure we can work something out!

Wow, wow, did I say wow yet. Very impressive.

well, and what’s new?
just another superb building by Richard…

again you found the right combination between detailed enough and not too delicate for outdoors.

Korm Kormsen said:

well, and what’s new?
just another superb building by Richard…

again you found the right combination between detailed enough and not too delicate for outdoors.

Hey thanks Korm. I just visited your site. Been a long time since I browsed it. You’ve got enough indoor space there that you don’t need outdoor space. hehe! That’s quite an extensive railroad. Very nice.

I really enjoyed some of the old video clips you have from old movies. Chattanooga Choo Choo was especially neat. I’ll have to come back when I have several days to watch them all. :slight_smile:

Thanks much. you have a great site there.

A-mazing. I saw this project in its earlier stages, and therefore had a good idea of how well it would turn out, but this far exceeds my expectorations. :slight_smile:

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS
POCRR Eastern Extension

“expectorations”

Is that a form of spit?

Ric Golding said:

“expectorations”

Is that a form of spit?

no, that must be his army background. in the british army, they say, when they receive the regimental tie, they also receive a broomstick for the back and a new dictionary…

hat, coat…

@ Richard,
my favorites are the betty boop clips.
and, beware! , “the general” is the uncut version!

Dear Korm - please look up the word ‘malapropism’.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS,

tac Foley said:

A-mazing. I saw this project in its earlier stages, and therefore had a good idea of how well it would turn out, but this far exceeds my expectorations. :slight_smile:

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS
POCRR Eastern Extension

I have ludicrous expectorations! Still waiting for our first shipment of logs to arrive in Port Orford from the Old Mill operations in the U.K. If Terry & Ig ever get that confounderated Atlantic trestle builtidated. And I’m unanimous on that!

Expectorations are part of the soldier’s kaboodle, which is part of his kit and kaboodle.

Jon Radder said:

Nice to see you building again. Your structures always impress and this one is no exception. Thanks for the photos.

YES!! Outstanding work as always Richard.

Where’s my smoked salmon and peach pie!

:wink:

Holy Crapp batman!!

How are we suppose to top that??

Speechless…

Thanks for your exceederating kind words Sean.

Roostie: When I put the salmon in your peach pie alas he was so fresh he ate it. :wink:

…winking…

Richard, you KNOW that we only give praise where it is truly deserverated.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

tac Foley said:

Richard, you KNOW that we only give praise where it is truly deserverated.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

I have truly appreciarated your complimentary deserverations. There will be a spot reserved for you on the afternoon whey frayt so you can switch the mill on your next visit. Looking forward to it my friend.

Aye, aye, Mr Foley Sir!
looked it up!
(and down)
and i’m not the wiserer Sir!
but one of your legs now looks a bit longerer, Sir!