Large Scale Central

Plowing Snow

You make that seem like a bad thing Sean :sunglasses:

@JRad, what is this “cold” of which you speak? :wink: Seriously, it is the reason I settled here. I’ve never shoveled rain!

1 Like

How many circuits does it take to get both tracks clear, looks like a lot of pushing the snow from one track to the other, but Thats why you are out there to run trains!! Nice videos Rooostah!!

Many Pete and Yes with a Yes even though it’s a coma and not period with your,ewer ,you’re query ,queery, question

Thank you even if it was back in the day in the hood.

Sorry Jon for being Rooster

Never apologize for being who (or what) you are! Always enjoy your old vids.

That PLOW consist had the properly mounted scale/gauge back to back spacing on EVERYTHING !

That’s important , some people insist on scale realism, and proper operation, so did it run as an extra it was it track warrants?

You guys party to hard for me!

Thank You Jon !

1 Like

Nice work, Jon…you are SO inspirational…(Yet, I’m determined to stay INSIDE!)

1 Like

Looks like my lighting is not too far off from a prototype…

Image stolen from Frank Keller Photography as posted on Facebook.

Cantwell? I suspect a Rooster joke somewhere.

Anyway, looks good.

1 Like

Nice video! I wonder what we did before phone videos?

Love those 45 tonners Jon! The railroad looks great too!

1 Like

Thanks Jeff - Yours is looking good - and HUGE too!

On Friday January 7, 2022 our part of the world got it’s first measurable accumulating snow. We ended up with only about 3 to 4 inches, but there was well over a foot not far away. I had things to take care on Friday, like digging the cars out and taking Marilyn to a follow up appointment - she just had her right shoulder replaced.

Today after helping her food shop, I decided to try and move a bit of that snow. At 20 degrees and breezy, I was thinking of Ken and decided to run the plow from inside, next to the fire, and take pictures out the window :cold_face:

The plan was to only plow as far as I can see, which is about 25 feet of outdoor track. It took longer to build the train then to do the job, but it was fun and reasonably warm :hotsprings:

I took pictures through a dirty double pane window, so they aren’t real clear, but I’m sure Ken would approve…

A short video too…

3 Likes

Looks great, Jon! Nice shots.

1 Like

What the unknown Bruce said :innocent: :sunglasses:

Nice shots, Jon…

Bruce who???

That looks cool, Jon. AND COLD