Large Scale Central

Plate Girder Bridges for EVWR tracks

On the Evansville Western route from Nashville to Addieville, there’s a point where the tracks over the lower tracks from Sparta to Woodlawn… This required some sort of bridge to cross the lower tracks to get on and off the trestle…

Below is a picture of the area I’m typing about:

The first plate girder bridge is installed on the left… On the right, the second plate girder bridge is being painted…

The bridges are made up of Aztec Plastic wood, and some styrene strips… It is test to see if they will hold up…

Below are 2 pictures on the installed bridge… It’s 2 ft long on the longest side… One end is 90 degree corners, and the end against the retaining wall is cut at an angle to match the wall…

Below is a picture of the second bridge, still in the paint shop… The longest side of this bridge is 3 ft long… It is also cut with the end against the retaining wall cut on an angle…

The test of their operational function will be this coming weekend, during our June operating session…

Looking good Jane! Nice work, but don’t let Andy see them, he’ll want more (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Looks good! Sounds great that it will be tested this weekend.

Looks good to me!

TEST

Nice Bridge Andy. I really like this spot on your layout too. Never heard of Aztec before. Googled it, and it looks neat. I’ll be waiting for results on the test. Are we going to have to remind you to post here at the end of summer?

Randy Lehrian Jr. said:

Nice Bridge Andy. I really like this spot on your layout too. Never heard of Aztec before. Googled it, and it looks neat. I’ll be waiting for results on the test. Are we going to have to remind you to post here at the end of summer?

Thanks, and Yes, Randy, you are going to have to remind me… I am old, yanno… BTW, who are you again??? (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

It’s actually Azek Randy and a nice material to work with.

Dad forgets who I am all the time so don’t take it personally.