Large Scale Central

Piko R7

Andrew, that’s what she said! :wink: :frowning:

David Maynard said:

Yes Hans, you are correct, a bit abrupt maybe, but correct. And why do we have to try and educate and argue with them so flippen often?

You tell me! Could it be because we still believe/hope that one day they will get it? Like those guys who believe if we keep nice and quiet on any new product, the product in general will improve, really?!?

Hans, maybe I do have a desire for them to get it, even though I know they won’t.

Oh yes, if nothing bad is said about an item then it must be good. :wink:

i have a staging yard in the trainroom with lgb 1600’s… not a lot of room to switch to 18000’s so i might pick up a piko r7 and see if I like it.

Never tried the aristo switches, even though i have two in a box never used.

Guess I’m lucky not having a single switch on my round-round ‘layout’. That way I never get confungled.

As a hobby we are doomed to mix metric with imperial, especially here in UK where the ruling teeny-train scales are 4 and 7mm to the foot. As for n-scale, don’t even go there, and 0 scale - the 7mm to the foot stuff - is another nightmare. How easy is it to find a handy scale rule in American 0 scale? Easy as pie - US 0 scale is 1/4" to the foot. British 0 scale? 7mm to the foot. European 0 scale? 1/45th…

Even the British narrow gauge garden stuff is 16mm, and how well that translates to that oh-so-handy scale of 1/19th…not. Not to mention 7/8th scale, or 1/13.5 or so.

tac, building 1/32nd scale trains in decimal inches.

tac,

I read that first sentence and … was immediately reminded of what I tell people who have no computers: “You save a lot of time.”

Äbä…

tac

Robbie is sending me an R7, I just had to get one to test out.

JM;

per chance ya have a 10dia. Aristo curve that you could drop it onto, or under to compare fit (replacement-wise).

thanks

doug c

the Piko R7 is about halfway in between the 18050 and 1600 switches. I believe its going to work out great. I have a four track staging yard indoors that is laid with 1600’s which seem a bit tight for my liking.