Large Scale Central

PIKO produceing G track news

PIKO has announced that they are now making G track , hooray .
as posted by krs at MLS …

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/krs/Piko%20G-Track.pdf

Hmmmmm
Velly, velly inneresting.
'Specialy the “wye”. But it looks a little too tight turning for my application.

TOG

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Not long ago when I quoted Dr.Wilfer’s observation that there was a dearth of track, someone asked doesn’t he know about Aristo and all that. :slight_smile: :wink:

BTW Piko had an open-house not long ago and the track was supposedly presented at that open house. :wink: Some people heard about it. :wink:

OK a bit of additional info as gleaned from the German fora - BTW some people find it very peculiar that the info is at that Dutch dealer, but not yet available from the Piko website.

Deliveries: No turnouts 'til at least 2008

Geometry: Using the same nomenclature as ex-LGB BUT the dimensions (dimentions for some) are different. Here are some examples, as mentioned in the PDF Center line radius

R1 = 620mm ( this is a tad larger than the Aristo 4ft dia)

R2 = 920mm ( 914.4mm = 3ft)

R5 = 1240mm (1219.2 = 4ft)

Intended parallel track center distance 160mm.

All in all very interesting geometry, tie spacing “Suitable for G1.5” i.e. approx. 1:27 Euro SG.

I guess the American distributor will have an announcement “real soon now”.

HJ,
with the ‘G45’ trademark on the Piko track catalogue, no second guesses as to the American distributor (or could that be the original manufacturer?).

Tim Brien said:
HJ, with the 'G45' trademark on the Piko track catalogue, no second guesses as to the American distributor (or could that be the original manufacturer?).
Tim,

There are a few companies using that “G 45mm” logo, as far as I know it is not identical with “G45”

Tim, Since “G” is supposedly 45mm (funny kind of algebra??), here’s my funny take on “G”

The above “G” is complementary with my Feuilleton “G - wie Gummi” in GARTENBAHNprofi 6/2003 (Thoughts on “scale” in the Large Scale segment) . :wink: :slight_smile: :wink:

OK back to the “G 45mm” logo

I had a look through the June 2007 GR

The following advertisers use the same " G 45mm" logo

Aristo (also mentions #1 Gauge and 1:29 scale)

Hartland (also mentions #1 Gauge and 1:24 scale)

MTH green logo (also mentions 1/32 scale and One Gauge)

I doubt that any of the above have anything to do with “G45”, but with a bit of “Ventilator spin” another urban myth is born. OTOH it could be the “reliable sources”. :wink: :smiley: :wink:

I spy with my little eye something that begins with a Y

As in a Y switch, curved no less, R1 no less no less…

Gots me a use for that when it hits these shores…when, being the operative word :smiley:

Must be a bit of a sigh of relief to alot of people

oops