Large Scale Central

Pictures aren't there!!

OK, so here we go again. brought some pictures into my Freight Shed tonight and they posted in there as usual. When I go to post the picture on the forum and bring the picture up to capture the address to paste into the little box, there is no picture there. The banner says it is there and everything is fine but there is no picture there. ???

Any ideas WTF is going on now.

Thanks

Never mind, figured it out

Rick,

I’ve had them disappear from a post after they were there as well. That seemed to have stopped since I started using my albums instead of the freight shed as a place to load them from.

???Dunno why…

OK, just noticed similar problem, Devon’s picture in his signature was not showing, and a few other random photos, and I did track it down to pictures hosted here.

I have only 2 “blockers” in my browser, ad block plus, which normally only gets popups, and ghostery, which traps a whole lot of bots and spyware… turning ghostery off restored the pictures.

So, it’s probably some advertising “add on” that is activated when using pictures from the freight shed, and “caught” by ghostery. I’m NOT lowering my shields, I paid for membership, and no ads…

Greg

Greg, These are the four my Ghostery found on this page. Maybe it is the AddThis widget?

I’ve kept it on and haven’t had any disappear lately.

I did some more testing, it’s the enhanced ad blocking feature that seems to catch the photos from the freight shed… I turned AddThis on and off and it has not effect.

Your Ghostery screen looks old, I am on version 8.3.1 … (each new version catches more stuff), what does your “about” report as a version?

Greg