Large Scale Central

Picture Posting help for Rick Marty

Standard bbcode IMG tags work

I don’t know, Ray.
The new system seems to have brought up some new problems :wink:

One problem I have is that sometimes the photos show up in the wrong place in the post.
Sometimes at the top, sometimes in between text, and sometimes correctly.
Ralph

Jon Radder said:

Vic, you are the second complaint I’ve seen about the Insert/Edit Image box opening tiny. What are you posting with (PC, Notebook, Laptop, Tablet, Phone) and what browser?

For me, on a PC running Firefox 25.0.1 the box opens about 4 inches square with all the fields visible.

BTW - I have been leaving alignment at the default — Not Set — and all of the other fields except the Image URL blank.

It’s on the home pc thats trouble. Windows XP, The search default is Google Chrome. Been awhile since I checked which IE version is on there. Its an old XP system on an old computer, that could be part of the problem. I dont mind entering the jpeg into the dialog box, but the tiny opening box and chosing the alignment tab with everythe pic are a headache.

Vic Smith said:

Jon Radder said:

Vic, you are the second complaint I’ve seen about the Insert/Edit Image box opening tiny. What are you posting with (PC, Notebook, Laptop, Tablet, Phone) and what browser?

For me, on a PC running Firefox 25.0.1 the box opens about 4 inches square with all the fields visible.

BTW - I have been leaving alignment at the default — Not Set — and all of the other fields except the Image URL blank.

It’s on the home pc thats trouble. Windows XP, The search default is Google Chrome. Been awhile since I checked which IE version is on there. Its an old XP system on an old computer, that could be part of the problem. I dont mind entering the jpeg into the dialog box, but the tiny opening box and chosing the alignment tab with everythe pic are a headache.

Just for the record, Jon, you can add me as a third, though it’s not really a complaint. I’ve been on other forums that will do the same thing, so it didn’t come as a big surprise. And it usually happens when I’m posting a 2nd photo. I just move the cursor down to a corner till I get a double ended arrow and expand it to a usable size. It adds a couple of extra steps, but I can live with it.

And I’m using Google Chrome on an XP system.

Yea, on mine using Chrome for some reason the little “extend to full screen” button usually shows in that postage stamp and I am able to just click that and save all that search and drag business.

Bob McCown said:
Standard bbcode IMG tags work

Yep…Quite well

Common denominator with the Insert Image box size seems to be Chrome. I generally don’t use Chrome (Google knows enough about me already) but I’ll check it out.

OK, just downloaded and installed the latest Chrome. Going to try and inserta picture here…

YUP - Confirmed.

Using the latest Chrome the second time you open the Insert/Edit Window dialog bix it does not size correctly.

This site has more problems with picture posting than any other sight that I can think of. I guess it is some sort of record, but I don’t think it is something to be proud of.

Jon Radder said:

OK, just downloaded and installed the latest Chrome. Going to try and inserta picture here…

YUP - Confirmed.

Using the latest Chrome the second time you open the Insert/Edit Window dialog bix it does not size correctly.

I think I fixed this one. Multiple opens under Chrome 31.0.1650.57 seem to be sized correctly now.

Yes, that seems to work now.

Thanks Bob!!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs)

I am experimenting to see if I can post an image, using the instructions above.

Lets see.

When I do a preview, I see a box, but no image.

When I post it, it may or may not be here.

Nope.

Not there.

There it is. (http://s19.postimg.org/usiegtztv/IMG_5933.jpg)

Sorry, I got the posting ok, but kind of cut off.

Still working on it.

Sorry, I can’t seem to get it small enough.

(http://s19.postimg.org/bop30hmzn/IMG_5933.jpg)

Ah ha, I think I got it. sized to 640 x 640.

Comments on the posting please.

Paul, edit your picture post and view in HTML.
Then inside the img tag add: width=“800”.
Example HTML below:

(http://s19.postimg.org/usiegtztv/IMG_5933.jpg)

Andrew