Large Scale Central

Phone box

Fresh off the printer. Lineside phone box. Printed with the fast profile (16 minutes). Not too bad. Have a high-resolution print (2.5 hours) on the printer right now, for comparison.

High-quality print looks much better.

A

1 Like

Uh Bob, I don’t see the bolt heads in the hinges :wink: :grinning:

Looks great much better than the first one.

looks good. i have some files stashed here somewhere of B&M style phone booths. i need to take a look

Al P.

1 Like

With a figure for scale.

Bob;

Repurposed a Scankit lineside tool shed into a very small bobber caboose. Might make a fun project to 3D print,

It even got an interior.

Best, David Meashey

1 Like

Dang Dave if they light that stove they’ll need an heat shield to get inside :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sunglasses:

Production ramps up

Looks good. If you scale that up 100-200% it would work as a line side signal equipment box too!

David Marconi;

Yeah, all I had at the time was a turned wood milk can to use as a stove. Really too big. Smaller stoves were made. We have a real one at the hobby shop.

As an interesting aside, an old N&W brakeman told me the brakemen’s dog houses on N&W steam locomotives had steam lines from the boiler for winter heat. BUT the N&W brakemen called the dog house shelter a “monkey box.”

Regards, David Meashey

8 is a good number. Now to cut some code 250 rail for the post.

I can envision it!

1 Like

Another style phone box.

And the open version, fresh off the printer.

Where’s the slot to put in the nickels, dimes and quarters to make a call???

Looks great, Bob

AND, sadly, some railroads had management cheap enough to do just that!

Yours, David Meashey

Needs HEP cabling with a receiver and a crank! The menu on this site could give you bad ideas.

When you are done with that site then we could talk about Betty Boop posters for the inside (next too the written paper notes). Good idea to always have some paper and a pencil in them boxes.

Just saying

:rooster: