Large Scale Central

Phoenix 2K2 not working from track voltage?

I recently acquired a Phoenix 2K2 for my Heisler and I am bench testing it. The sounds are nice from the coal shoveling to the whistle and bell but when I apply voltage to the card the whistle does not toot for forward or back and the chuff does not sound.

I’m looking at the directions and on page 11 it says to connect terminal 4,5 and 6 together, apply power through #1 and 2 and with the power still on disconnect the wires from terminals 4, 5, 6 and the sound should start. If I do this will it effect the Heisler sound that was programmed in?

Also on page 10 of the manual there is a chart about grounding certain terminals to manually configure them?
I’m a bit confused by this chart and do not want to blow this card up by doing the wrong thing.

how do I get the chuff to be triggered via the track voltage?

Todd,

i have not worked with one of these in a while. do you have the computer interface? you may need to reconfigure internal settings, as i believe the default is track voltage triggering, but may have been set to receive a trigger signal.can be the same thing with whistle signals, they have been set up for manual tooting. i looked briefly at the manual . it looks like what you are referring to on top of page 11 should work to get it back to defaults. if you have a few phoenix boards the computer interface is worth the investment- if you can find one.

AL P.

Thanks for the quick response Al. I went ahead and followed the directions on pg11 and I now have the sound that is working with the track voltage. What is still missing is the 2 toots of the whistle for forward and 3 for backing.
I wonder if these can also be configured without the interface?

Todd,

i thought that process reset all , but i guess not. it may require multiple tries? if it is not in the manual the interface cable may be the only choice. i have one board that is a real albatross, a pb11 i believe that used spring terminals for wire connections, that i have been unable to reprogram to a steam file. it keeps failing the attempt.

AL P.