Large Scale Central

Peter Kaisan's Estate Sale

Over at MyLiveSteam (as someone called it recently) there is a list of Peter Kaisan’s huge collection of live steam locos that is being sold by Sam DiMaggio for his widow.

https://forums.mylargescale.com/138-live-steam/89752-peter-kaisan-estate-sale.html

I briefly knew Pete through the WGRS. Wish I had a chance to talk more with him.

Sam has posted a few photos of some engines at the link above. You may have to be signed in to MLS first in order to see them?

He has a St Charles Station 60-ton crane which he is aksing for info about, if anyone can help.

Lots of models have found homes, still loads of models, especially entry level locomotives that need new homes. Very reasonable prices, for the ones not listed, email Sam. Gonna be hard pressed to find better prices if you have fancied getting a live steamer to add to your stable. Some unique engines with upgrades by Norm S and Larry Herget. Here is the list updated as of this post.

Ok, here is a listing of some of the engines that are available. Most of these I have NOT tested for operation. Many are new in their boxes (mostly aristocraft and Bowande)
The rest will be sold-as is-unless I can get to it to test. If you have any interest, please email me at sdimaggio at ameritech dot net.

I will entertain reasonable offers. I have a range in mind for most so get there and the engine is yours plus shippping unless you take delivery at DH.

Please help if you can. Peter left no will so your generous purchases directly helps her. I will try to accommodate any thoughtful offer.

1. Accucraft Forney
  2. Rishon Mason Bogie by Paul Trevaskis #15 R/C (few pics) Cab needs regluing.
  3. Accucraft Mogul NCNG Butane
  4. a. SOLD b. SOLD
  5. SOLD
  6. Accucraft Forney #6
  7. Accucraft Ruby
  8. Aster GER-make a Live steam Thomas.
  9. SOLD
  10. Accucraft Ruby
  11. SOLD
  12. SOLD
  13. Accucraft Mich-Cal 2 cyl Shay
  14. Acccucraft Black Mogul
    • SOLD
  15. -SOLD
    • SOLD
    • SOLD
  16. Accucraft 0-6-0 Switcher-1/29 Scale USA-nice engine
  17. Roundhouse SRRL—this one is in rough shape—missing rear truck on loco it appears —plus tender isn’t right…need to see level of work required…but, perhaps worth an offer so you end up with a nice engine.
  18. Accucraft American SPC red version-needs some major repair work–obvious tumble…front end damaged but should be repairable…
  19. Aster Climax-pending sale
  20. Regner Freida
  21. Accucraft Mich-Cal Shay 2 cyl–nice engine.
  22. SOLD
  23. Accucraft 3 cyl Shay-custom propane tank by Peter- have pics
  24. Accucraft Mich-Cal 2 cyl Shay
  25. Accucraft Ruby - Wood Cab
  26. Accucraft American-Larry Herget
  27. Accucraft Forney- Brown
    • Poof
  28. Accucraft Black Mogul R/C
  29. Accucraft 2 Rubies…make offer for 1
  30. Accucraft Ruby Ida
  31. Aristocraft 040-new & Complete
  32. Aristocraft 040 "
  33. Aristocraft "
  34. Aristocrat Mikado
  35. Roundhouse Jack? (modified US)
  36. Roundhouse Dylan (modified US)
  37. Aristocraft Mikado
  38. Accucraft Mogul Nevada County
  39. Accucraft Mogul "
  40. Accucraft Goose-electric–Need to find #
  41. Bowande Falk
  42. Bowande Porter
  43. Bowande A4 60009
  44. Accucraft 060 UP 1/29 scale
  45. Merlin Matterhorn r/c $495 have pics
  46. Bowande Falk
  47. Bowande Falk
  48. Bowande Porter
  49. Project Engine (frame and wheels completed only plus instructions) $100.
  50. Accucraft 3 Cyl Shay-pending front truck replacement. Any one have a front truck from one of these??
  51. -SOLD

There are more of many of the same above…and more still that are not yet in the above list…or yet discovered…If you sold an engine to Pete and now have seller’s remorse…now is the time to get her back. If any prior owner has info for me, that would be great. There are some in the collection I have yet to identify…so, ask and I may find…

There are some parts as well: several unaccounted tenders, a Frank ‘S’ boiler and parts, an Aristo Mike with no tender, a Saito boiler/burner, an o/scale mamod set, and a lot of stuff I can’t immediately Id. I will try to bring some of this Diamondhead or will entertain offers. I will try to get pics of some of this stuff.

Please note that there are some good beginner engines here: lots of Rubies and the aristo switchers. I will sell very inexpensively to any new hobbyist.

Anyone would wants a Ruby to make your own engine ‘x’, then here’s a good chance to get one inexpensively. Remember Larry Newman?

Here are a few I will bring to Diamondhead but I will ship if you can’t wait…:

Thanks-Sam

• Accucraft N & W 611 Alcohol Version—great runner at an excellent discount! 5K or best offer.
  • Aster Schools-very good condition. Original manual. 1.4k
  • Accucraft Saxonian 1k, 1.4k., like new, runs well.
  • all the engines listed below unless sold and shipped before DH

Please send checks (preferably cashiers checks) to unless one of the DH destined locos to:

Lori Hospel
7311 S 37th Place
Franklin, WI 53132