Large Scale Central

PAZ - Challenger Loop 4/2015.

The PAZ has completed the Challenger Loop, will be adding switching sidings shortly and will make the Mississippi RR turnstyle bridge (Fort Madison Iowa) for inner loop grass and gardening chores. Additional photos in PAZ Album. Enjoy!

PAZ Challenger Loop, 4/2015.

I like your idea in using a lockable truck tool box!

Chrome diamond plated even! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Nice. Is that PVC Ladder Roadbed? If so, I’m surprised you can get away with this upright spacing without sag…

The toolbox idea I came up with when thinking what would be the best access, lockable storage and secure container for the PAZ. Keeps the MTH and ARISTO power supplies and a whole bunch of tools, screw containers etc. for the RR. Once all the projects are completed, then I will have the layout switch panel and accessory control switches panel with easy access.

Sean, the diamondplate is a nice touch! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

John, I do have sag, but it is acceptable. Just a simple solution to a wanted run for the Challenger. I ran into a few problems, rocks in the ground not getting posts deeper than a foot or less (dig a hole for a rose bush and get a bucket full of glacier rocks - look just like potatoes)! I have uneven roadbed and ups and downs, just used what track I had around; did get taken on an eBay buy of used 5 foot sections of track; really pitted rail tops and some kind of black coating on the ties - which are so brittle with a little handling the tieplates at the track ripped off; have to replace the ties! *future project. Did not open the box for months until the expansion.

Another drawback I did not expect is most people did not notice the RR driving by in the alley, however now many many stops with children with requests to see the RR; parents do not keep tabs on the kids and some problems are surfacing, hate to say “NO” but it may come to that.

Anyone with suggestions on how to handle this situation? Signage etc.

Quote from Nancy Reagan “Just say …NO!”