Large Scale Central

Oil Wagon

Not exactly train related but would certainly make for a cool track side detail. . . :thinking:

Found this yesterday at a commercial fueling company office. I think I will draw this up in CAD for printing but I think it also would be a fun scratch build. Or a hybrid of both.

that looks kind of Amish to me.
traditional tecnique, but genial idea to integrate the seat into the tank.

I certainly have no a clue as to its origin. So I can roll with your assumption. Just a unique and different piece. I want to do a wood water wagon also but this little steel oil tanker is just to cool to ignore.

The more I think on this, I like the idea of going with a hybrid design. Metal parts of the chassis would be fun to do in brass. Make the wood bits wood. And then 3D print the wheels and the tank. But scratch building the tank would be interesting as well. Its not round its oval in profile. But a heat gun and some PVC pipe could take care of that.

NEED AN OIL TANK?

depending on the weather or temperature it would be fun sitting on that seat for long.

Al P.

Thats cool Al, very much a similiar piece. I was thinking not only temp which could be rather hot or cold but would be tough on the bum over a long bumpy road.

Yes and no it all depends on what order of Amish and then if you get into the Mennonites that’s a WHOLE nother ball of wax.

if you say so. all my inlaws are mennos, even my daughters are.
living nearly half a century in the biggest concentration of mennonites in south america, with some colonies of amish thrown in, i see but two or three real differences.
for one, the inventive ways of the amish to bypass their anti tecnical rules. (telephone in the house bad - telephone in the office acceptable, or travel by car bad - travel by plane acceptable)
second - many amish wear belts AND suspenders.
and most notably - amish have more beautyfull women. but they are better hidden in more cloth.

:innocent:

1 Like

We in North Idaho have no Amish but up in bonner and boundary County we have Mennonites. And I would not call myself any sort of competent judge. But the Mennonites lead a respectable life style in my opinion. Simple conservative modest but do not deny technological advancement. Let’s face it a horse drawn buggy would be down right luxurious in Jesus time. So never really understood why the Amish decided their level of tech was acceptable but anything else was heresy. And since I can’t judge Amish I have to defer but I have seen one or two stunning Mennonite women. But whatever the case maybe the very best doughnuts on the planet are made by a mennonite family, until beaten they win.

WHOT??? when did you see my wife?
and her doughnuts brought me from 140 pounds to 270 pounds, before i learned not to eat everything, that was on the table.

1 Like

Thats funny Korm. Seriously we do have a decent size Mennonite community in boundary County just minutes from the Canadian border. And there is a little hole in the wall bakery and I stopped in. So did the county Sherrif and one of the county commissioners and about 10 other people. Best doughnuts ever. It was like eating chocolate covered sweetened air. And in that shop was one of the most modest but genuinely beautiful woman I have seen. I admit she was far to young to be admiring maybe late teens but she was very very pretty. That was until what I am assuming was mom, aunt, older sister appeared. Again completely modestly dressed but just stunning. The most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. And I admit I am an eye guy. She was one of those true ladies that could take your breath away without being sexual in the slightest way. Just very very very pretty in any sense of the word.

beautyfull women that can cook and bake spell out heaven on earth.

(i must admit, that i’m a little bit oldfashioned)

Now you gone and done it. I respected you until that last post.

Nothing better than a beautiful woman that will let me cook and bake for her!!! But while I am seriously old fashioned, I love to cook. My lovely bride isn’t much of a cook and doesn’t bake anything. But she loves to eat what I cook and bake for her. And to me thats sexy as heck.

The very traditional roles have been slightly reversed in my case. When i met her she was 115 pounds. Now she is a bit more. And I love every pound because its a complement that she likes my cooking. Just keeping it real.

1 Like

And since social media is tough to convey expression. . . Yes I am teasing you and yanking your chain. I do respect you and am happy you have an old fashion conservative lady to adore.