Large Scale Central

Not our usual…

Well, this is unusual. But it is a sort of a train!

I’ve often thought that a Bachman steampunk rr set would be quite popular, haha!

What’s the story behind this? And is it used as a game playing space?

You ask many questions, padwan. Follow the link, you should.

It sure does seem like people building dioramas of video game settings. Or possibly for D&D ish gaming. Not sure.

An interesting link, indeed.

So much out there!

Missed the link before I did, and embarrassed by reading attention deficiency I am!

Pretty cool assembly with layered styrene (he mentioned a Cricut cutter) and brass rivets. And the 3d printed skulls add a warm touch I think.

Seems like a Warhammer game application gone nuts!

Kinda cool, reminds me of Steam Speed that I think was previously posted here a couple of years ago.

so, is Jim Necromunday??? :innocent:

Who, me? But I am just an innocent fella from Nebraska…

Looks like “Warhamer: 40K.”

I have often thought about doing a steampunk loco. That thing is kinda cool and I happen to have some donor parts that I have tucked away for a diesel build. I wanted to make a small freelance road switcher but haven’t gotten beyond that. But this could be the ticket.

I went back and really looked at the work the guy did. Fantastic modeler.

1 Like

Not sure, but I think most military/fantasy wargame pieces are 55mm…or…‘O’ scale…

Go for it Devon Sean says you need a few more projects to Devon over. :innocent: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I was thinking this would be fun:

No mention of its scale, but it is 70 cm long.

[Back to the Future Jules Verne Time Train with lights and smoke (Download STL file Back to the Future Jules Verne Time Train with lights and smoke • 3D printable template ・ Cults)

If you download his PDF, the project is fascinating. I was curious about the scale so I messaged him. Here’s the reply:

Well, we are using 4.5cm tracks, so I guess it is “g scale”.

I found a complete kit in 1/24 scale. It claims to be 32.5"

(32.5 × 24) ÷ 32 = 24.375"

This set of plans claims to be “over 70cm”:

70 ÷ 2.54 = 27.56"

So its pretty close to 1 scale, perfect for my layout.

I was considering what chassis I could place under it when I realized I want to build it as is, and “fly”
it around the patio area on a wire of some sort :sunglasses:

I put the main cab into Cura, it says 25 hours to print.

Thanks Pete! Amazing model. I like his smoke unit, which apparently chuffs smoke alternatingly through the left and right stacks, using a servo motor to regulate the flow. Pretty cool!