Large Scale Central

Newbie question on where to get info on hand laying Gauge 1 Trac

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
David said:
They use Canadian Dollars in Berwickshire? I would have expected a Scottish fiver might work.

I looked at current US prices for my comparison, but of course the balance could have been different then, especially if it was some time ago.

David,

I don’t know what they use in Berwickshire (which country??), but I’m sure they use Can$ in Saskatoon and the rest of Saskatchewan. :wink: :smiley:

Well, let me clarify, they did last time I was there. :wink:

Your details showed Coldstream, Coldstream is the home of the Coldstream Guards, the oldest regiment in the British Army. No doubt the person who founded the town in Canada had some connection.

David said:

Your details showed Coldstream, Coldstream is the home of the Coldstream Guards, the oldest regiment in the British Army. No doubt the person who founded the town in Canada had some connection.

David,

It just so happens that I finished reading the book “Coldstream - the ranch where it all began” a scant two weeks ago. If I wouldn’t know better I’d have said “Yes, there probably is a connection”, but there isn’t, the ranch was named because of the many cold springs that feed the stream running through the property of the ranch.

While there are many instances East of the Rockies in which “things” can be tied to British roots, I’m amazed how much less there is in the Interior of BC.

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
While there are many instances East of the Rockies in which "things" can be tied to British roots, I'm amazed how much less there is in the Interior of BC.
As opposed to Victoria, last outpost of the Raj :D
David said:

Your details showed Coldstream, Coldstream is the home of the Coldstream Guards, the oldest regiment in the British Army.

The Honourable Artillery Company might dispute that :wink:

Chris Vernell said:
David said:

Your details showed Coldstream, Coldstream is the home of the Coldstream Guards, the oldest regiment in the British Army.

The Honourable Artillery Company might dispute that :wink:

Lets say in continous service, then both can have their claim.

Chris Vernell said:
Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
While there are many instances East of the Rockies in which "things" can be tied to British roots, I'm amazed how much less there is in the Interior of BC.
As opposed to Victoria, last outpost of the Raj :D
Chris,

Yes, as opposed to Victoria, the last great bastion of the Raj.

Mind you there are a lot of interesting things out on the Island, but not necessarily in Victoria. :smiley: :wink: :smiley:

Speaking of Vancouver Island…

I’ve had the opportunity to ride the head end of freights on all existing trackage on that lovely island…over to “Port” is the most scenic piece of track you could hope for, but too bad it isn’t in service at present.