Large Scale Central

New Site Testing

second try:

hats

question:
how do i include pics, that are stored on my website?

Korm:

Try using this form (just type it into the window using the url to your image):

![Image](http://url/a.png)

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense and I can try to explain more. Just don’t forget the ! and the [Image] and the () around the url.

Or you can copy the image off your website and paste it here. That will actually upload a copy of the image and embed the copy into the page.

For those that care, “markdown” is a specific way to specify lightly formatted text that is supported in this forum. You can see the markdown definition here.

Cheers!

2 Likes

following Jim’s tip:

well, that didnt work.

now i try to upload the copied pic:

billboard08

Jim, thank you for your effort!
so it is not entirely impossible to put pics up here.

but, hmmmm…

so i had to open my website, find and copy the desired pic, then to paste it into my pc, to finally click here on upload, find the pic among all the others in my folder, select it, open it, to get it into my reply window…
… clogging up the avaiable space here, while the pic sits perfectly on my 50G webspace.
yeah, thats progress!
reminds me a bit of the good old times with MS-DOS and dial-up www.

==================

oh! Edit:

so the “!” and the brackets DID work! and almost easy to do. only a bit slower than expected.
again, thanks, Jim!

@Korm the following pics are both just copy paste. First pic of diesel is from my computer. Right click ‘copy’ then right click ‘paste’ in reply box. Second pic from web again right click Copy image address then right click Paste in reply box.
As far as I understand BD also put a resizer in the site so any pic will work. YMMV

1 Like

New future engineer … 4months old now…

3 Likes

You shouldn’t need to use any tags when including images. You can drag from a folder or wherever, and it should insert it correctly.

3 Likes

For on-line images I copied the URL and pasted it in the edit box with no tags and it displays just fine.

Can’t figure out how to do the cut and paste for images on my phone though. I’m pretty Android illiterate.

1 Like

Yea, I dont know about the Android, but the picture in my “Bridge Ties” thread was uploaded directly from my iPhone via an obvious “attach something here” button. Maybe something similar on the Android?

Testing the “paste an URL” method to load files from my website:

==========================================================
That seems to work for me!

Question: after I had difficulty with the old site and images, I created a paradigm where I
moved images to my public web hosting in a special directory set aside for LSC images.
I then use the “Insert Image” button to place the URL to it in the edit box. More work, but provided persistence of the images (at least until I die…).

I can still do that by dropping the URL into the new edit box, BUT if I drag an image from my local computer into the edit box it gets stored on an Amazon AWS server. What sort of persistence
can we expect of such images? Does Amazon need to be paid every month to keep them available?

Yes, but it’s literally pennies. My current Amazon bill is 4c/month at the rate we’re using the forums right now.

Download image test from Android using LSC app.

Seems to work :grinning:

2 Likes

Photos not showing up for my Track Inspection Car thread.

Thanks for pointing out the thread, fixed. There’s a bit of back-end housekeeping that I dont understand yet when you add missing photos, they wont show up automatically until I manually do a “rebuild” on the post.

1 Like

Thanks Bob, I’m starting to feel more comfortable with new site.

2 Likes