Large Scale Central

New sidings at "Consolidated"

Okay, Jon the 23rd is a Wednesday. OPs starts at Noon.

Mad Cow :smiley:

Jon Radder said:
Mad Cow :D
Agreed....like I said it happened to me.

rick add a out house and we might never see andy.

Rumors are flying around Carlyle as a passing track has been added near the “switchback” heading for “Cat Dump”.

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/rgolding/090915%20001.jpg)

Thoughts of expansion of the mines at “Cat Dump” create statements of “there’s gold in them there hills”. Then reality snaps you back as you try to scrape it off the bottom of your shoe. We’re not talking about gold, its coal that is mined and that is created by the break down of organic matter and years of time turning waste to compost, compost to soil and soil to carbon. The tail of track going off the bottom of the picture is the leg of the switchback and the track going off around the flower bed is the actual track heading down to “Cat Dump”. This “run around” will allow storage of rolling stock headed down the “Cat Dump Branch” and allow motive power to get on the right end of their consist as they re-enter the mainline or head down the Branch.

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/rgolding/090915%20002.jpg)

An overall picture at the Yard Limit of the “Consolidated Wye”, shows the maze of trackage as you enter the “Consolidated Yard” and the reason for having a Yardmaster at this high traffic location on the KVRwy.

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/rgolding/090915%20003.jpg)

The extra siding track installation looks good… :slight_smile:

Looks like it should have been there all along… hehehe :slight_smile:

I thought you had a “Yardmaster” @ Consolidated, so other people had a chance to get some food… :slight_smile:

“the reason for having a Yardmaster at this high traffic location on the KVRwy.”

I thought the reason was to get Andy out of your hair…(outa sight, outa mind)…:wink:

Ken :slight_smile:

Looking good Ric.

What is the structure over the siding coming off the right side of the wye? At first I though it was a tunnel portal, but then changed my mind after looking closer from both angles.

That is a very substantial rock crusher made out of “I” beams. About half of it is buried. The track that runs through it actually sits on an “I” beam. It is located at “Rock Siding” in “Consolidated” and it is a storage location and source for ballast on the KVRwy. Many years ago my plans were to bust trap rock with an hydraulic jack using that structure that was made in the marina shop over one winter. It is rated and has been tested to take the pressure of a 5 ton jack amongst its welds. However, since then I found a source for slag sand when the furnaces are running at Granite City Steel. But it is a nice place to set your beer or soda and can be used as an anvil when necessary. :wink:

Ric Golding said:
Fred,

I note that your railroad is much like our Congress. There seems to be a tremendous amount of give and take to achieve what each area, group or state wants. However, you guys don’t seems as corrupt as our Congress and you actually get something done.

“YOU LIE”
…sorry couldn’t help myself
:wink:

Ken Brunt said:
"the reason for having a Yardmaster at this high traffic location on the KVRwy."

I thought the reason was to get Andy out of your hair…(outa sight, outa mind)…:wink:

The only privately owned RR large enough that I’m aware of that you can do this is the “B.S.”
Looks good Ric.

“The only privately owned RR large enough that I’m aware of that you can do this is the “B.S.”
Looks good Ric.”

There is sometime so much excrement flowing around this place that we must separate and classify it. All work at “Consolidated” is classified by “BS” on a subcontract basis.

:slight_smile:

So Ric does that mean you’re a subsidiary of BS or just an interchange with BS

I think he is full of BS :smiley:

nOW, nOW, LADS…rIC IS FAR FROM FULL OF bs OR ANYTHING LIKE IT. There may be a chance that his company is in line for a takeover by an evil empire up in the pine barons of New York City. A fellow up there is known to stage great take-vers, in fact he tried to take over the IPP&W, but was thorted by a strong Canadian border, and our hard headed vice president of corperate affairs, young Ben T. Conrod the II.

If you have ever subscribed to "The Big Trains List", you might have heard of rivalry, intregue along with the partnerships that got formed......good fun for all and money was made and lost.....

I should drop young Nick Ariemma a note to see how the enterprise is going these days......

Ric…remember those days…?? !!!

I think I see what the future holds…it is now coming in much more clearly…“The Kaskaskia Valley Railway, and holding Company”, has secretly formed an alliance with some unknown, bligerent, untrained, hungry, acting yardmaster. Positioned him at some place called “Consolidated”, where several branch lines run in convienient directions for the takeover of railroads across the borders of States and Countries. All this under a new name of “KaKa Collectors, Inc.”(Some call it BS Inc.)
The idea is to takeover all waste collection in Eastern North America, for the sole purpose of producing hot air to prevent the freezing of the lake at Carlyle, thus enhancing the Giant new Marina, to be built on new channels being dug towards a joining of a river in Saint Louie… "Meet me in St.Louie, Louie…meet me at the River…or something like that…!!!

All this industry is to be centred at what better place than "Cat Dump"......World's soon to be largest landfill....distillery and heat plant.

The far Eastern Conglomerates will NOT be pleased. Nick Ariemma will be on the case shortly, I'm sure..... I understand his private train is at this moment being prepared for a trip West.......and this ain't a little steam kettle and lonely one car....It's gotta be a Dash 9, and at least five stainless stream liners......he travels in luxury.........

stay tuned…

We have always been able to thwart off take over of the Kaskaskia Valley Railway. Our biggest threat, up until now, has been those that lobby for more grass to cut, instead of trackage. The recent popularity of conservation has worked to our advantage as the price of gas for the lawnmower has remained high and the neighbors have fought off the idea of goats grazing in the front yard. The idea of the shipment of natural gas coming from the compost hills of “Cat Dump” has a certain appeal, however I have not seen proper era cars that carried natural gas in any forms of containers other than politicians. Hmmm, maybe we should just use well ventilated pasenger cars as mobile containers? Where there is a will there is a way. Necessity is the mother of invention and all of that type of slogans. Hmmm.

If you lived out here in the west you could run your layout on solar power!