Large Scale Central

New siding

The last few days of fighting the rain and wind the Kittatinny Mt RR layed a new siding for the sawmill operations. They had to cut through part of a mt. to get the track down. The crew also put in a passing siding by the yard. Now trains can pull in rather then back up. The sawmill is coming along. (see logging operations post) The crew is just waiting on some parts. Fall is upon us. Leaves are really starting to turn and now im dealing with leaves all over the layout Grrrrrr.,

great job Shawn. Operations here we come. :slight_smile:

David Marconi said:
great job Shawn. Operations here we come. :)
Thats my goal. Little by little. Eventually the new siding will extend around and loop back toward the mine siding. I have the base preped already just Need more track.

Looks like we’re back to “We need an updated track plan till we get there” so we can appreciate your visions

David Marconi said:
Looks like we're back to "We need an updated track plan till we get there" so we can appreciate your visions
I have been wanting to do a track plan but I dont have a program to make one up. Guess I could draw one and then take a picture of it LOL
Shawn said:
David Marconi said:
Looks like we're back to "We need an updated track plan till we get there" so we can appreciate your visions
I have been wanting to do a track plan but I dont have a program to make one up. Guess I could draw one and then take a picture of it LOL
Shawn, Here is a program I just found yesterday. I have not had a chance to try it yet. But it has excellent reviews. I've been looking for a free program ever since Ric asked me about a track plan. Next rainy day I'll be busy working one up. Ralph

http://www.xtrkcad.org/Wikka/HomePage

Yes but if you draw one then take a picture of it don’t forget you’ll have to scan it in to your computer to see it.

Ralph Berg said:
Shawn said:
David Marconi said:
Shawn, Here is a program I just found yesterday. I have not had a chance to try it yet. But it has excellent reviews. I've been looking for a free program ever since Ric asked me about a track plan. Next rainy day I'll be busy working one up. Ralph

http://www.xtrkcad.org/Wikka/HomePage

Thanks Ralph. I have been looking all over for a free one. I just downloaded it. Next I will play around with it.

Good Luck!!!