Large Scale Central

New Roundhouse live steamer for 2020

Here is the new Roundhouse locomotive for 2020, An outside frame Davenport 0-4-0 saddle tank locomotive. Fully outfitted with water top up and sight glass, inside walschearts valve gear and slide valve cylinders(same set up as the Lilla quarry Hunslet loco. I put my preorder in for one! Mike

Looks like locomotives the Navy used at the Pearl Harbor coaling station. For reasons lost to history, the coaling station used standard gauge track, while the common carrier Oahu Rail & Land Co., every military installation and almost all of the plantations used 3’ narrow gauge! The other exceptions were Honolulu Rapid Transit (4’), the Army coastal mine maintenance facility (4’, soldier powered), and the Waianae Sugar Plantation (2.5’). Not that any of this matters, other than to say I could justify buying this…if I valued my jaw! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)Have fun with this one, Mike!

I had the opportunity to test out the new Davenport with Jay Kovac from the Train Dept. All I can say is wow. Ran great even in the cold weather.

Awsome video Shawn, just goes to show that Roundhouse’s quality and and running is second to nobody. Says something for keeping chosen models around their proven gas firing system, standardized cylinders with one of their 3 valve gears, inside, outside or slip eccentric on the basic series. Mike

Where’s all the snow go?

Ken Brunt said:

Where’s all the snow go?

I did the vid last week before the snow.

Man I like that! I really like the silver smokebox with red roof version!! what is the street price on these?

Shawn Viggiano said:

Ken Brunt said:

Where’s all the snow go?

I can see the pull string !

Rooster ’ said:

Shawn Viggiano said:

Ken Brunt said:

Where’s all the snow go?

I can see your string bikini.

I can see the pull string !

mid $2000’s with RC control. I think direct from RH at current exchange rate mine would be $2200ish plus shipping, so around $2300ish. RH has a 2020 price PDF file on their website you can look at, you want the pre VAT prices if your in the USA.

Roundhouse has also re-released the single fairlie “Taliesin”.