Large Scale Central

New Progress on Taos&CD RR

Finally all the track is connected and attached to the frame. Electric connections completed too. Next step is to add surface material and place structures in final locations. The buildings on the frame are simply there to see what room is left for a townsite and other structures. Will be snug I think, but will work. The larger buildings will be placed in the center of the layout on the ground to form another townsite. More on that later. Track needs cleaning before surface material is applied. I used 1" painted exterior high density foam for the track base. Durable stuff, will last years. Anyway enjoy the pics.

East Side of layout

Temporary Bridges

Another east side vies

Bridges are temporary until I can make better ones. Layout is about 170 feet. Two mainlines and three sidings. Enough to keep me busy. Next year, building lighting, plantings and electric switch connections. Getting impatient to run some trains.

I DON’T KNOW WHY THE TEXT IS DOUBLE POSTED AGAIN. FORGET THE PREVIOUS POST UNTIL I GET BOB TO DELETE IT.

Railroad is looking good Rich. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Looking real good and the coyotes should be able to run under no problem.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

You said you secured the track, how?

John

I fastened the track through track ties and foam into the wooden framework under the hardware cloth and landscape fabric with number eight 2" deck screws. About every 24" or so. Track is solid. Had to do alittle track leveling under a few places where the hardware cloth sagged some. Pretty level now.
Not so worried about the coyotes…it’s the elk I’m concerned about. Been using the red led blinking lights to deter them. Seems to be working well so for, as long as you move them around some.

Looking good Rich!

Track power supply box is installed, ready for the Bridgewerks and LGB units. Plan to use the LGB supply for the switches and building and trackside illumination. Still searching for good surface material. May have to resort to crusher fines as I’ve been unable to locate a source for red/brown cinders…and this is the southwest!