Large Scale Central

New photos from the Smoke and Oak RR

Following are some recent photos on my RR.

I’m 99% done with this NS GP40 high hood. I just want to add a speed recorder. Plans are underway to make a second unit like this one.

Here’s my Reading T-1 in pusher service.

Of course, two days after I shoot the rear of the T-1 and my Ozark Miniatures order for some steps on the back of the tender arrive. I guess I will just have to redo that photo someday. And I haven’t forgotten about making the backup light, either.

A few weeks ago I had the T-1 down at my friend Mark’s railroad for his open house. Sadly she was involved in an accident there where another operator kicked her and stepped on her, but she’ll just need some more repairs to the pilot. Here she is before the incident:

I love the Blue Mountain and Reading RR and how it looked in the late 1980s with the #425 in black paint, with the high headlight, and the 2102 still wearing “Reading” on its tender. Fortunately I can recreate that look today.

I am planning to bash up a different tender for the #425, let’s see if I can get that done this fall.

My New Hope and Ivyland GP30 recently was outshopped but still needs some wiring work, including adding sound.

My best friend has been hand painting a replica of a real tank car’s graffiti paint job. Like or hate real graffiti, you have to admit he’s done a fantastic job with his paint work.

We just need to get him some decals to finish that project. It looks great among some other cars with graffiti on them for a very modern look.

You may have noticed a VW bug in two of the photos. I painted it a rust base color and then used a salt resists method to chip away a top coat of blue. Then some hand painting and washes with things like India Ink left for a nice exterior. I painted the interior and used tissue paper to make seat covers that were torn and rippled. I’m awaiting delivery of a “snow flake” product that I want to try to use to make a smashed windshield look.

I used the same rust/salt/chip method for this gondola I made from two shorter Aristo gondolas.

Thanks for your time, I hope you liked the photos.

Very nice indeed .

A pleasure to look at .

Mike

Really nice pics!

Very Nice! and the kids and I continue to enjoy your youtube channel

CZ, nice pictures and railroad…

those smokers are impressive, which company makes them?

Great job CZ.

Ron Tremblay said:

Great job CZ.

I fully agree. Those VW Bugs are a sight to behold, put the one I bought(JADA) to shame.

(http://www.rhb-grischun.ca/NA-Fora/LSC/VW_Wreck01_s.jpg)

(http://www.rhb-grischun.ca/NA-Fora/LSC/VW_Wreck02_s.jpg)

HJ, that’s a great bug!

Shawn Fields said:

those smokers are impressive, which company makes them?

I’m not sure what fireworks company made them as I think many Chinese firecrackers are re-branded with American-sounding, patriotic names. The ones used here are about 4" tall and I bought them at a fireworks stand near Hawley, PA.