Large Scale Central

New cars

2 new pieces of rolling stock have arrived

Ordered a Chicago & North Western 50’ mechanical reefer from RLD , and promptly voided the warranty by removing coupler tangs and installing KaDee 907 couplers , the car comes from the factory with a pad for a 906 but the ‘07 has more wheel clearance for tighter curves on my layout.
Then 2 weeks ago I was in California and on way home stopped by Gold Coast Station and the huge warehouse of trains and things Hans has there in Tehachapi. Wife said it’s close to my birthday get what you want, wandering around in the back I saw a 1:1 Plymouth SuperBird, tried to buy it but Hans wife Rachel said very quickly NO that’s MY car! Don’t thingk there was 1/16 of the price on my card, so I got this instead
An AML hi cube boxcar, my first AML car , very sturdy and well built car, nice detail , very heavy, I will get more of these I like them. I promptly ordered some CamPac boxes for this car to mount the 907’s and will have it on the layout in about a week or 2. One thing nice about the AML trucks the truck mount coupler tang uses 2 screws to mount it to the truck frame so no warrant voiding is needed!

2 Likes