Large Scale Central

New bridge need some info from you all

What do you all think need some input here… Add cross bracing or not. add more to the out side of the bents? any in pout will be taken. Need to build a 15-16 foot tressle bridge in lenght… This is a proto section. Thanks Daniel Peck

Looks fine to me. I’ll take a 30 foot section. :slight_smile:

That would weight a TON!!!

Seriously, though, it looks real nice. I wouldn’t add any more bracing.

Looks great :slight_smile: I wouldn’t add anything else, is it solid bar or tubing? Now I got the itch to fire up my welder but nowhere to put any new trestles. It will look great with a coat of rust.

Solid square stock… weights a ton but its what the customer wants it built out of… Hit the welds with the old grinder and let it rust up…got 1400 feet of metal coming in saturday at the steel yard… you know thats going to be fun to load and unload.

With steel prices here in AZ, I would be crying like a little girl when I had to pay for 1400’ of bar stock!!

Don’t add any more cross bracing - it just gives the leaves a place to hide! Nice looking model.

Don’t forget proper bridge ties, and guard rails…

Daniel
One good thing about this trestle is it will never rot. I am a steel fabricator also. I have a couple trestles to build, and I am going to build it out of steel. I built a 32 footer out of wood, wow what a job. Looks good stay with your plan.
Dennis

Dennis Rayon said:
One good thing about this trestle is it will never rot.
That's for sure. That solid steel stick would probably take 100 years to rust to the point of weakness. Maybe not the spot welds though, they are probably only good for about 50 years :D

I hope the customer plans on building a serious foundation underneath it.

And water barrels Fred! Nice build.

going to tig weld the post were it meets the top 12X12 and spot weld everything else. just picked up the rest of the steel to make the tressle bridge now. off to the shop.