Large Scale Central

New Aristo Track / Wheel Gauge

Just announced over on the Aristo site ART-11906 Track & Wheel Gauge

“The ART-11906 Track & Wheel Gauges are for checking not only the gauge of track & wheels but also, track grade, across track level, measure flange way widths & depths, switch points and other important measurements.”

Anyone know what standards the used to build this gauge? If G1MRA lots of their stuff will fail a test using their own gauge. Same if they used the proposed NMRA numbers.

If they built it so their switches and track check good, then the gauge is about worthless. If the built it to a known standard (or proposed standard) then Kudos to Aristo.

We gotta know!

JR

Jon,

No matter to what standards the gauge is made to, being from AC I can guarantee you it will have a WOW!!! factor built in.

Gotta stand out in the crowd dontcha know!!!

Yup. Like WOW, dat’s a piece 'o crap -OR- WOW it’s actually right :smiley:

Over on the Aristo board it was asked what standard was used for the gauge - but no answer was given. Everyone over there is WOWed by the two bubble levels.

Jury is still out, but I think I can guess.

JR

Jon Radder said:
. . . Over on the Aristo board it was asked what standard was used for the gauge - but no answer was given.

Everyone over there is WOWed by the two bubble levels. JR

That is amazing. They’re even talking about using the new gauge for smaller scales, just for the bubble levels!!

I think we can safely assume that the trackwork gauge will indicate that all Aristo track is ‘good’ and all others are ‘not good’. Wonder if this will make the trains run better?

Happy RRing,

Jerry Bowers

Well, I think the bubbles are ok, but I’m happier with the back to back wheelset gauge which has the go-no go indication … my Kadee one did all right, but the 2 grooves really gauged the flanges more (ones I set with the Kadee were pretty close with the Aristo)

I did post on the Aristo forum the measurements for the gauge… I leave it to some enterprising soul to determine which standard it meets.

I did check the flange depth on my turnouts, they are too shallow according to the gauge, so looks like the gauge is really not a sham.

Have not checked the guardrail spacing and the point spread spacing, I run DCC and was running trains, so did not want to shut the system down, it was nice and sunny.

Regards, Greg