Large Scale Central

Needing track ties for 20ft aristo curve

I just want to make sure I’m ordering the right thing. I have 20ft aristo brass curve track. Not flex. I’m needing a few feet of ties.
Is this them:
http://www.trainz.com/p-308053-aristo-craft-11103-euro-flex-track-ties-for-curves.aspx

Or is it one of the following:
http://rldhobbies.com/amlbrass6ftflextrackcode3321box12pcs-1-1-1-1.aspx

http://rldhobbies.com/trackkit75-2-1.aspx

I would rather purchase locally if possible, but I didn’t see curve ties on Robbie’s site.

I’m a newbie, never replaced ties, so I have no clue what I need. I just know that my track is missing quite a large section of ties. lol.

Thanks in adavnce!
-Matt

The RLD hobbies posts are for Accucraft ties. The Trainz link doesn’t say what the curvature is. You would have to try and research the Aristo part number to see if its the curvature you want. Greg might know.

those are the “euro” ties…

here they are on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Aristo-Craft-11103-Euro-Track-Curves/dp/B0046C2FPG

Call Robby, he will give you the part numbers, and more importantly, the availability…

Greg

I have boxes of both the flex and straight euro ties. $45 a box plus shipping.

I actually prefer the straight ties and for the larger curves. I cut every 3rd or forth tie.

Stan

Are the tie strips only in Euro?

Greg

New full boxes only in Euro. I also have US ties removed from Aristo Stainless straight track or I think 13’ dia curved that are good but not new in box. ,75 each

Stan

Stan, how many? Where do I send the check?

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input.

I’ll just wait until I go up and see Robby. I’m waiting on his shipment of track to arrive this week, so I’ll just ask him when I go.

OK, the Aristo part numbers are:

ART-11003B - 1 foot straight Euro ties (24 to a box)

ART-11103B - 4 foot curved euro ties (24 to a box)

ART-11004B - 4 foot curved euro ties (24 to a box) - specially marked to be bent to curve without cutting ties… (so what does that say about the 11103B configuration?)

ART-30033B - 1 foot straight USA ties (24 to a box)

ART-30103B - 4 foot curved USA ties (24 to a box)

So what you really want Matt is the last number in the list above…

If not, you could probably live with the 30033B and cut between ties…

I’m assuming you have USA ties on your existing track, not Euro.

Greg

Dang! Thanks Greg!

Actually they are the euro ties. Well, I’m 99% sure. I’ll check when I get home from work. If I rember correctly they are the fat ties.

Greg Elmassian said:

OK, the Aristo part numbers are:

ART-11003B - 1 foot straight Euro ties (24 to a box)

ART-11103B - 4 foot curved euro ties (24 to a box)

ART-11004B - 4 foot curved euro ties (24 to a box) - specially marked to be bent to curve without cutting ties… (so what does that say about the 11103B configuration?)

Greg

I have not keep up with part numbers

The boxes I have are labeled.

11003 DES 12" EURO 12" STRAIGHT TRACK TIE 48 to a box (note while the box is labeled 11003, I believe it is sold as 11003B)

11004B DES: FLEX TRACK TIES 1" EURO (they are actually 12" in length) 48 in box

Both tie strips are the same length. The web between the straight ties is solid while the web in the flex ties is flexible. After using both I prefer the straight ties even for curved track.

Stan

Here’s what I’m dealing with. This is the worst one. The other pieces have just a random tie broken here or there. I did purchase them used and they were advertised as being a little brittle. All I did was pull that piece out of the box and the ties just disintegrated. Luckily RLD will have some new track in this week! I’ll fix what I can with these and hope they are fine.

Spray with armorall type stuff every 6 months, will stay black and flexible. Has worked for years for me. You just spray it on and leave it, no work other than squeezing the trigger on the sprayer.

Greg

Greg, do you think that will save the remaining ties? They aren’t as fragile as what broke off, but they are not in the best of shape.

It surely won’t hurt, and cheap to try, let it soak in. By the way those look like the USA ties… have you figured out which you have?

Greg

Thanks Greg. I’ll give it a shot.

I thought the wider ties were euro? I’ll double check when I get home, but I think all my track was the wider ties. Heck, it could be a mix of both. lol.

Yeah, I don’t have any Euro ties.

Maybe someone could measure the spacing and size of the USA and Euro ties and post it here, and then we could get a definitive answer.

I’ve always recognized them by the tie spacing, but maybe I am wrong… I just notice they look different from mine :wink:

Greg

Those in the pic look like ‘euros’ simulated bolt (round heads) fasteners (although that third partial tie from end looks usa style)

_‘us’ style; the simulated fasteners actually look like the heads of trackspikes ! (and when stepped on tend to pop loose the rail… that is why euro preferred outdoors ).

doug c

If I am not mistaken, the USA style track has the same big “plates” on the ties.

I’ll take a picture and measure the ties and tie spacing.

I could not find comparison pictures on the web easily.

I did find a reference that stated 14 ties to the foot for USA type, and 11 ties to the foot for euro type, but need to verify.

Greg

The Aristo catalogue, 2008 - 2009 edition, states that Euro style spacing is 11 ties per foot, whereas USA style and stainless USA is 14 ties per foot.