Large Scale Central

N.B.R.R v4.0

Seems like a workable fix… Time will tell… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

We’re back at it down here in SC!

It’s been almost…well, I can’t honestly remember the last time we ran trains-or even paid any attention to the layout.

For the last 3+ years I’ve been distracted with a different hobby project and now I’ve re-focused on the train project with the kids!

All 7 of us are excited (yeah, I’m counting Mom-she’s happy to see the kids and I working together on the project!)

So, to catch up-here’s where we are.

The Layout has sat idle for a few years. Luckily we did lay down black weed barrier before covering with mulch. The barrier worked really well! We still have a minor drainage issue we’re getting close to working out and just yesterday we cleaned out ALL the mulch (and what little ballast that was left).

We (the eldest and I) have decided to re-do the entire track-plan. Most especially the middle loop. We’re thinking about a folded dog-bone with some elevation and minor trestle work. I’m open to suggestions! We may leave the outer loop in place to allow multi-engine runs without having to pay too much attention (kids). below are a few pics from the days efforts (just in time for the deluge we’re getting now)

Well, the ties don’t look any the worse for being buried in mulch.

Yeah, a track plan that allows roundy round and can also be used for multi-lap or point to point is good. Never underestimate being able to watch a loco go around and around with your favorite beverage in hand.

Greg